Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
This collection contains both residential and commercial landscape drawings for clients throughout the southeast United States. Also included are a few projects for international clients. The majority of projects are residential clients.
This collection contains client files detailing landscape architecture plans, estimates, invoices, and correspondence. Also included are accounting and financial records, teaching and lecture materials, and professional correspondence with vendors and nurseries. Additionally, media files contain articles highlighting Dargan projects and events.
This collection contains Henderson's landscape drawings for a residential property in Atlanta; an original rendering of the Clark Howell Homes, as part of the Housing Authority project in which Henderson took part; and over 200 of Henderson's slides on various gardening topics. Also a part of the collection are Henderson's pencil sketches of gardens, garden structures and statuary, as well as trees and landscapes.
This collection contains correspondence, contracts, and invoices for landscape work completed at the Memorial Garden at the Governor's Mansion. Also included are descriptions of stonework such as a limestone oval and a millstone. Of special interest are plant lists providing details of trees and shrubs used in the project.
This collection contains landscape plans for the Governor's Mansion Memorial Garden providing details of stone work, retaining walls, terraces, and benches. Drawings include identified trees, shrubs, and garden features.
This collection contains landscape drawings of mostly residential projects, but also includes some commercial properties and parks in Griffin and other Georgia cities. Drawings include general landscape plans and plant lists as well as plans for walls, foundation plantings, and traffic islands. Of special interest is Bell's 1940 senior thesis drawing of a country estate for his parents.
This collection contains articles, certificates, and handwritten notes from the professional career of J. Newton Bell. Also included in the collection are landscape architecture contract templates and plant resources such as catalogs and tree lists. Of special interest is a proclamation by the mayor of the City of Griffin, designating February 17, 2005 as J. Newton Bell, Jr. Day.
The majority of this collection contains correspondence, estimates, ledgers, proposals, and planting studies that provide a history of Julia O. Martin's career as principal of Julia O. Martin Landscape Design. Martin's resume and clippings offer details of her personal and professional life. Of special note are Martin's garden design sketches included in various planting studies.
This collection contains landscape drawings of both William L. Monroe, Sr. and William L. Monroe, Jr., as part of the Monroe's Landscape and Nursery Company, and represent a wide variety of clients including residential, commercial, churches, and parks. Of special note is a landscape plan of Chastain Woods for Chastain Memorial Park.
This collection contains landscape drawings, plant lists, concept and site plans, and surveys that provide details of work done by Richard Anderson Landscape Architect Inc., as well as earlier work with Daugherty/Anderson and Associates. The work of a few other architects is included such as Edward L. Daugherty and E. S. Draper. The majority of projects are of residential landscapes.
This collection contains landscape drawings of chiefly residential properties in Atlanta and other cities in Georgia and North Carolina. Some of the drawings from 1982-1985 were created by Franklin-Smith Associates of which Smith was a landscape architect. Also part of the collection is a business poster and landscape plans for parks and a subdivision. Of special interest are drawings for the Schlaifer residence in Atlanta and the Williamson residence, Salubrity Hall, in Augusta.
This collection contains contracts, correspondence, invoices, and task lists that detail landscape projects and involvement with clients. Also a part of the collection are landscape plans and plant lists. Of special interest is a portfolio of completed landscape work for the Schlaifer residence in the Tuxedo Park neighborhood of Atlanta.
- Gardens -- Design 17
- Landscape architects -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 14
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia 10
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 9
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta 7
- Landscape architecture -- Southern States 6
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia 6
- Plants, Ornamental -- Georgia 6
- Formal gardens -- Design 5
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta 4
- Landscape design -- Georgia -- Atlanta 3
- Women landscape architects -- Georgia 3
- City planning 2
- Griffin (Ga.) 2
- Land use -- Planning 2
- Landscape architects -- Georgia 2
- Landscape architects -- Georgia -- Griffin 2
- Landscape gardening -- Southern States -- History 2
- Nurseries (Horticulture) -- Georgia 2
- Nursery growers -- Georgia 2
- Parks -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Trees -- Georgia 2
- Urban landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 2
- Architecture -- Details 1
- Architecture, Domestic -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Brookhaven (Ga.) 1
- Camp Lee (Va.) 1
- Cemeteries -- Georgia 1
- City planning -- Southern States 1
- Driveways -- Design and construction 1
- Gardening -- Georgia 1
- Gardening -- Southern States 1
- Gardens -- Conservation and restoration -- Georgia 1
- Gardens -- Georgia 1
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Fulton County 1
- Gardens -- Southern States 1
- Gardens -- Southern States -- History 1
- Historic gardens -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Interior decoration -- Georgia 1
- Ithaca (N.Y.) 1
- Landscape architecture -- Designs and plans 1
- Landscape architecture -- United States 1
- Landscape design -- Southern States 1
- Landscape gardening -- Southern States 1
- Landscapes -- Georgia 1
- Landscapes -- New York (State) 1
- Parks -- Georgia 1
- Plants, Ornamental -- Southern States 1
- Plants, Ornamental -- Southern States -- History 1
- Poughkeepsie (N.Y.) 1
- Roses -- Varieties 1
- Trees -- South Carolina 1
- Urban beautification -- Georgia -- Griffin 1
- Urban gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Waterfalls -- New York (State) 1
- Women gardeners -- Georgia 1 ∧ less
- Smith, William T. (William Tingle) 4
- Franklin-Smith Associates 3
- Bell, J. Newton (Jewell Newton) 2
- Clark Howell Homes (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Dargan Landscape Architects, Inc. 2
- Dargan, Hugh Graham 2
- Dargan, Mary Palmer 2
- Daugherty, Edward L. 2
- Franklin, Daniel Berry 2
- Georgia Governor's Mansion (Atlanta, Ga.). Memorial Garden 2
- Henderson, Edith, 1911- 2
- Julia O. Martin Landscape Design 2
- Martin, Julia Orme 2
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Georgia Chapter 1
- Anderson, Richard, 1947- 1
- Ashford Park Nurseries (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Butts family 1
- Butts, Norman C. 1
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Chastain Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cothran, James R. 1
- Daugherty/Anderson and Associates 1
- Monroe's Landscape and Nursery Co. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Monroe, William L., 1892-1965 1
- Monroe, William L., 1925-1999 1
- Norman C. Butts Nursery (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Pauley, William C. (William Crooks) 1
- Richard Anderson Landscape Architect Inc. 1
- William T. Smith and Associates Inc. 1 ∧ less