Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection number: ahc.MSS17
Scope and Content This collections contains correspondence and writings of Clifford L. Neal, along with genealogical information about his family.
Collection number: ahc.MSS360
Scope and Content This collection is primarily comprised of scrapbooks that contain columns written by Jack Spalding as editor of The Atlanta Journal.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1160
Scope and Content This collection contains documents written by and about golf author O.B. Keeler, as well as general golf articles and ephemera. Materials include news releases and statistics from the Augusta National Golf Club, the National Golf Foundation, and the United States Golf Association (USGA); newspaper clippings; and correspondence. Specific tournaments described in the collection include the 26th Masters Golf Tournament, the 62nd U.S. Open, the 44th PGA Tour, and the 47th Women’s Southern Golf...
Collection number: ahc.VIS368
Scope and Content This collection contains black and white photographs collected by Ruth Henley of John Willis Henley inside the Fulton County Courthouse and portraits of Atlanta Journal newspaper carriers on a trip to Washington D.C., in 1910, one of whom may be Thomas Henley.
Collection number: ahc.MSS914f
Scope and Content This collection contains documents pertaining to Bryan's reporting on the Allied invasion of Normandy, France, on June 6, 1944. Materials include correspondence concerning his placements in the European theater of World War II, as well as newspaper clippings from the day of the invasion. Also included are personal documents such as an address book and notes. Of particular note is Bryan's contract with the United States Army, which authorized him to become a war correspondent.
Collection number: ahc.VIS392
Scope and Contents This collection contains illustrations submitted to the society column that Yolande Copley Gwin edited at the Atlanta Journal. Editorial cartoonists featured in the collection include Clifford "Baldy" Baldowski (1917-1999), Lou "Eric" Erickson (1913-1990), Howard Paris (1919-2004), and others. Also included are photographs of Gwin with unidentified individuals, possibly Atlanta Journal or Atlanta...
- Names: Atlanta Journal (Firm) X
- Journalists -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Newspaper editors -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta constitution 1
- Atlanta journal 1
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Caricatures and cartoons -- United States 1
- Cartoonists -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Cartoonists -- United States 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Courts -- Georgia -- Fulton County 1
- Editorial cartoons -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Editorial cartoons -- United States 1
- Fulton County Courthouse (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia -- Newspapers 1
- Golf -- United States 1
- Journalists -- Georgia 1
- Newspaper carriers -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Newspapers -- Sections, columns, etc. 1
- Portraits, American -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Pryor Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Radio journalism 1
- Railroad cars -- 1910-1920 1
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia 1
- Sports for women -- United States 1
- Sports journalism -- United States 1
- War correspondents 1
- Women journalists 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Journalists 1 ∧ less