Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 30
Collection number: ahc.VIS146
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists of photographs of Alvin Belle Isle and his family, including his wife Agnes, his parents John and Jane, his five children, and several grandchildren. In addition, the collection contains images of the Belle Isle Garage on Houston Street in Atlanta which housed most of Alvin’s businesses. The photographs include exterior and interior images of the building. Also included is a line drawing of a new garage Mr. Belle Isle was planning to build, but never did. The remainder...
Dates: circa 1900-1940
Collection number: ahc.MSS737f
Scope and Content This collection contains materials pertaining to the life and education of Betsy Edith (Blumberg) Teplis. Materials include: concert and theater programs, a certificate of completion from Daniel C. O'Keefe Junior High School, a Girls High School freshman handbook, Girls High School class of 1944 fifty year reunion program (1994), and commencement announcements from the Girls High School graduation of Betsy Teplis. Also included is a Georgia School of Technology (later the Georgia Institute of...
Collection number: ahc.MSS38f
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook created by Girls' High School graduate Celia Bressler. The scrapbook contains newspaper clippings, her report cards, photographs, graduation programs, greeting cards, and handwritten notes to her from her classmates recounting events from their school days.
Collection number: ahc.MSS856f
Scope and Content This collection contains high school directories and yearbooks from the Margaret Mitchell School and Girls High School. The Girls High yearbook, titled The Mallonian, is noted as the "Senior Issue" and highlights members of the class of 1923 through photos, poems, drawings, and newspaper clippings.
Collection number: ahc.MSS48
Scope and Content This collection includes scrapbooks maintained by Constance Spalding Anderson, as well as school papers, an autograph book, records relating to Baptist churches in Atlanta, and invitations and greeting cards.
Dates: 1880-1972, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS459
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook with newspaper clippings, correspondence, invitations, and memorabilia during Daisy Smith's school years in Atlanta Public Schools and Girls' High School.
Dates: 1910-1920, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS344
Scope and Content This collection contains assorted materials relating to Tech High School and Girls High School. Included in the collection are programs, invitations, course of study records, and school newspapers.
Collection number: ahc.MSS782
Scope and Content These papers consist of Edith Cason's graduation book and diploma.
Collection number: ahc.MSS291
Scope and Content This collection contains a partial scrapbook pertaining to the Latimer family. Included in the scrapbook are photographs, newspaper clippings, invitations, class rosters, and receipts.
Collection number: ahc.MSS321f
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook kept by Ethel Taylor Snipes at Girls High School. Included are autographs of those attending the 50th class reunion in 1972. Also included are photos, clippings, programs, an official list of textbooks, Red Cross certificates, and report cards.
Collection number: ahc.MSS301
Scope and Content This collection consists of a single scrapbook created by donor when she was a student at Girls' High School in 1922.
Collection number: ahc.MSS153
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, legal documents, and records pertaining to Evelyn McCutcheon's involvement in the Better Films Committee of Atlanta, the Georgia Branch of the National Congress of Mothers and Parent-Teacher Associations, and the Atlanta Women's Club.
Dates: 1920-1960, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS338f
Scope and Content This collection contains an autograph book with autographs of friends and relatives of Florence Steinheimer of Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS365
Scope and Content This collection is primarily comprised of materials pertaining to Girls' High School student activities, commencements, and reunions. There is also a series of scrapbooks and issues of the school newspaper, "Girls' High Times."
Dates: 1873-1947, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS326
Scope and Content This collection contains various photographs of class photos, faculty photos, and physical education classes, Christmas decorations and alumni of Girls High School. There is also a photo of the Board of Education committee of the Atlanta City Council.
Dates: 1875-1943, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS532f
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook of Helen Prior who graduated from Girls High School in 1910.
Collection number: ahc.MSS860f
Scope and Content This collection contains a copy of The Girl Graduate: Her Own Book in which McDonald recorded her fourth year at Girls High School. The book has sections with class photographs, class officers, class prophecies, graduation invitations, graduation programs, jokes and frolics, gown photos, and press notices. McDonald used the book as a scrapbook, adding newspaper clippings, notes from friends, event programs, drawings, and photographs of her and her classmates to...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1145
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook created by Kate Thompson with materials from the Beta Chapter of the Delphian Society in Atlanta and Thompson’s daughter, Katherine. Materials include chapter documents and correspondence, as well as documents and newspaper clippings about Katherine’s education, particularly at Girls High School in Atlanta. In addition, this collection contains newspaper clippings of literary excerpts, news stories, and short pieces on motherhood. Of special note is a...
Dates: 1869-1988, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS220
Scope and Content The Kathleen A. Clayton papers, bulk 1930-1935, consist of school newspapers and albums of assembled invitations, newspapers clippings, postcards, programs, and ticket stubs primarily related to Joseph E. Brown Junior High School and Girls High School in Atlanta. Performances and events at Agnes Scott College and St. Luke’s Episcopal Church also are documented from the same time period. Other materials in the collection include a 1953 broadside, “The Lord’s Prayer,” and a souvenir card...
Collection number: ahc.VIS378
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of Lethea Turman Lochridge's friends and family, including her father, S.B. Turman. Of special note are photographs from the 1911 Southern International Poultry Show in Athens, Georgia, where Lethea and her siblings won an award, as well as a photograph of her Girls High School graduating class. This collection also includes a photograph taken by Edwin Lochridge Sr. of Charles and Mary Tway's residence on 212 15th Street, which neighbored the Lochridge home.
Dates: Approximately 1868-1917, undated
- Names: Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.) X
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Social life and customs 6
- Education -- Georgia -- Atlanta 5
- High schools -- Georgia -- Atlanta 5
- Public schools -- Georgia -- Atlanta 4
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia -- Atlanta 4
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 3
- High school seniors -- Georgia -- Atlanta 3
- Fire departments -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Schools -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia 2
- Universities and colleges -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Women in education 2
- Women teachers -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- African Americans -- History 1
- Alabama Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Autograph albums -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Automobile repair shops -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Automobiles -- 1930-1940 1
- Baptists -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Cherokee Indians -- Georgia 1
- Class reunions -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Clothing & dress -- 1870-1880 1
- Clothing & dress -- 1890-1900 1
- Clothing & dress -- 1900-1910 1
- Clothing & dress -- 1910-1920 1
- Clothing and dress -- History -- 19th century 1
- Creek Indians -- Georgia 1
- Depressions -- 1929 -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Education -- Georgia 1
- Education, Secondary -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Elementary school teachers -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Fairlie Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Farmers -- Georgia -- Warm Springs 1
- Flags -- 1930-1940 1
- Gasoline pumps -- 1930-1940 1
- Graduation (School) 1
- Houses -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Inman Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Invitation cards -- Georgia 1
- Invitation cards -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Labor unions -- Georgia 1
- Livestock exhibitions -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Locomotives -- Maintenance and repair 1
- Mechanics (Persons) -- 1930-1940 1
- Memorials -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Motherhood 1
- Motion pictures -- Censorship -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Parades & processions -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Peachtree Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Pharmacists -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Physical education -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Poetry 1
- Police -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Railroads -- Employees -- Training of -- Georgia 1
- Real estate agents -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Report cards -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Savannah (Ga.) 1
- Slavery -- Georgia 1
- Spring Street (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Taxicab drivers -- 1930-1940 1
- Teachers colleges -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Theater -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Weddings -- Georgia 1
- Women -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Women -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women -- Suffrage -- Georgia 1
- Women in community development -- Georgia 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Food supply -- Georgia 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States 1 ∧ less