Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Collection number: ahc.MSS606f
Scope and Content This collection consists of three items pertaining to Annie May Wilson Stanley including her honor roll card from Washington Seminary, an invitation to a Hop in 1884, and a bill of sale for personal property statement from M. N. Edwards to Mrs. Stanley in Sumter County, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS869
Scope and Content This collection consists of newspaper clippings, booklets, invitations, Pi Pi Sorority membership list, a short story, and a scrapbook. The scrapbook contains information regarding dances, parties, debutantes, fraternities, Washington Seminary, Georgia Institute of Technology, and Emory University, all in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dates: 1926-1931, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS812f
Scope and Content This collection consists of a diary Newman kept as a teenager in which she records descriptions of her life at home with her family, activities at school, and plays that she attended. The diary is signed on the front inside cover by Frances Newman and by her mother, Fanny Alexander Newman. The collection also contains correspondence and newspaper articles about Newman's life and novels.
Collection number: ahc.VIS231
Scope and Content This collection contains one scrapbook of 127 images. These snapshots are mainly of the immediate family of George C. Spence, Sr. and range in date from approximately 1870 to 1945. Subjects include George C. Spence, Sr.; his mother, Cornelia; his sisters, Eudora, Mary, and Eleanor; and his brother, Nat Spence. There are several childhood photographs of George C. Spence, Jr. and his sister Maryanne, as well as photographs of his stepmother, Elizabeth Norman Spence. The images depict the family...
Dates: Approximately 1870-1942
Collection number: ahc.MSS899f
Scope and Content This collection contains Helen Bivings's notebook from when she studied at Washington Seminary in Atlanta, Georgia and at Mason Junior College and School for Girls in Tarrytown, New York. The notebook includes Bivings's written assignments for Washington Seminary along with three outlined maps filled out by Bivings. There are also three event programs; one for a Commencement Recital put on by The Mason Junior College and School for Girls in 1930, and the other two for recitals put on by music...
Dates: 1929-1930, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS388f
Scope and Content This collection contains Troup County property conveyances and deeds; correspondence; Washington Seminary report cards; and bills belonging to James O. Wynn of Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS203
Scope and Content This collection includes correspondence and financial documents involving Joseph S. Reynolds and his family. Reynolds correspondents mostly included mortgage brokers, attorneys, property managers, and insurance agents in Georgia and several Southeastern and Midwestern states. The content of these typed letters relate to the maintenance, finance, and sale of Mr. Reynolds properties. Included among the letters is a business proposition from H.A. Etheridge of Atlanta, who was seeking investors in...
Dates: 1911-1923, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS884
Scope and Content This collection consists of four scrapbooks kept by Ruth Dabney Smith as a young musician in Atlanta, Georgia. The earliest scrapbook consists of programs of concerts and performances she attended. The majority of the other three scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings regarding Smith, her family and friends, her students, and musical performances.
Collection number: ahc.MSS599
Scope and Content This collection contains annual accounting ledgers, correspondence, United States Navy flight logs, and a scrapbook. Dr. Daniel Y. Sage's account ledgers cover his medical practice, 1931-1940. Correspondence consists of reports sent by the Creditors Mercantile and Adjustment Agency, a collections agency, following up on claims submitted by Dr. Sage. Also included are Daniel Y. Sage, Jr.'s Naval flight logs, 1941-1945, when he was stationed at Pensacola, Florida, where he received training. ...
Collection number: ahc.MSS28
Scope and Content These papers consist of catalogues (organized chronologically), invitations, programs, newspaper clippings, Memories, and a history of Washington Seminary.
- Names: Washington Seminary (Atlanta, Ga.) X
- Air Pilots, Military -- United States. 1
- Airplanes -- Piloting 1
- American diaries 1
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 1
- Automobiles -- 1930-1940 1
- Automobiles -- 1940-1950 1
- Baby carriages -- 1930-1940 1
- Bicycles & tricycles -- 1910-1920 1
- Chattahoochee River 1
- Children -- 1900-1910 1
- Children -- 1910-1920 1
- Children -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Clothing & dress -- 1900-1910 1
- Clothing & dress -- 1910-1920 1
- Collection agents 1
- Debutantes -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Dressmaking -- United States 1
- Education -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Family life -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Grading and marking (Students) -- Georgia 1
- High schools -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Homework -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Invitation cards -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Lawyers -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Librarians -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Medical care -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Medicine -- Practice -- Accounting 1
- Men -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Music -- Performance 1
- Music -- Societies, etc. 1
- Music teachers -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Needlework -- United States 1
- Personal property -- Georgia -- Sumter County 1
- Physicians -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Public utilities -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Real estate business -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Real property -- Georgia -- Troup County 1
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia 1
- Scrapbooks -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Scrapbooks -- Washington, D. C. 1
- Socialites -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Stores, Retail -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Sumter County (Ga.) 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) 1
- Women -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Women novelists, American 1
- Women tailors 1
- Wrightsville Beach (N.C.) 1 ∧ less