Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 33
Collection number: ahc.MSS1046
Scope and Content This collection consists of papers related to Arnall T. Connell's tenure as a professor in the College of Architecture at the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) in Atlanta, Georgia. Student papers written by Connell's graduate students form the largest portion of the collection. The papers cover a large array of Atlanta-related subjects, including neighborhoods and their histories, historic preservation of buildings and homes, renovation and repurposing ideas for historic...
Collection number: ahc.VIS259
Scope and Content This collection contains images of homes built in the early 20th century in the Atkins Park neighborhood, Atlanta, Georgia. A variety of architectural styles are represented including Georgian Revival, American Craftsman, and English Tudor. The photographs also provide details of landscape styles as well as popular shrubs and ornamental plants used in front yard gardens. Of special note are two images of the neighborhood stone entrance gateways.
Collection number: ahc.VIS93
Scope and Contents This collection contains postcards that depict scenes in Atlanta and the state of Georgia. Most of the images are of man-made structures in Atlanta including Agnes Scott College, Atlanta Municipal Airport (now Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport), Biltmore Hotel, Booker T. Washington High School, Bulloch Hall, Candler Building, Capitol City Club, City Hall, Clark College (now Clark Atlanta University), Atlanta Cyclorama at Grant Park, English-American (Flatiron) Building, Fort McPherson,...
Collection number: ahc.VIS343
Scope and Content This collection contains images of the Benning family and the construction of the English-American (Flatiron) Building in Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1065
Scope and Content This collection contains client files detailing landscape architecture plans, estimates, invoices, and correspondence. Also included are accounting and financial records, teaching and lecture materials, and professional correspondence with vendors and nurseries. Additionally, media files contain articles highlighting Dargan projects and events.
Collection number: ahc.VIS215
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape architecture drawings of residential properties in Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS997
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, client proposals, financial records, plant lists, project notes, and research notes that document Daugherty's landscape architecture career. Material includes a broad range of projects, such as private gardens, corporate headquarters, schools and cultural institutions. Also a part of the collection are correspondence, notes, reports, and case studies from professional organizations and committee work. Included are items from the Atlanta street tree...
Collection number: ahc.MSS148
Scope and Content This collection contains chiefly correspondence, but also includes professional publications, seminar lectures and writings as well as family genealogy. Correspondence consists of letters and statements to residential clients, corporations, and government entities. Letters to local landscape architects, professional organizations, and family members are also included. Documents provide insight into Martini's work with site planning, subdivision planning, and career development. Personal...
Collection number: ahc.VIS389
Scope and Contents This collection contains photographs of Focal Point Inc.'s awards and recognitions, the staff and workshop, and the moldings they designed and manufactured. Examples of moldings and decorative medallions are shown after they were manufactured in the Focal Point workshop, or installed in residences and historic properties. Of special note are images of Focal Point co-founders, Florence Inman and Jerry Garrison, as well as custom-made designs for Atlanta's Fox Theatre, historic properties at...
Collection number: ahc.MSS786f
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, contracts, and invoices for landscape work completed at the Memorial Garden at the Governor's Mansion. Also included are descriptions of stonework such as a limestone oval and a millstone. Of special interest are plant lists providing details of trees and shrubs used in the project.
Collection number: ahc.VIS274
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape plans for the Governor's Mansion Memorial Garden providing details of stone work, retaining walls, terraces, and benches. Drawings include identified trees, shrubs, and garden features.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1088
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape plans, pamphlets, reports, and a directory that provide details on the career of G. Eric Harkness. Materials are from a variety of projects, including commercial, residential, and government clients. Pamphlets show a wide range of interests and topics from ornamental plants to city street planning.
Collection number: ahc.VIS240
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape drawings and photographic prints that landscape architect G. Eric Harkness produced between 1954 and 1994. A variety of projects are represented such as city planning, commercial and residential properties, parks and urban renewal developments. Of special interest are drawings and plans for Alpine Village of Helen, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS999
Scope and Content The collection includes files that document Baldwin's landscape architecture career. The Project Records contain correspondence and other materials related to projects completed by Baldwin and Associates and show Baldwin's collaboration with such practitioners as African American architect Leon G. Allain and female landscape architect Edith Harrison Henderson. The Professional Papers contain Baldwin's coursework at the University of Georgia, professional correspondence, registration...
Collection number: ahc.MSS976
Scope and Contents of the Records The Helen Hawkins Clarke collection contains landscape sketches drawn by Clarke. Photographs of Clarke at work and photographs of the work she completed in her garden are also included. Clarke’s clippings of photographs and landscape designs from popular magazines from the 1920s and 1930s constitute a large portion of the collection. The bulk of the collection dates from 1923-1938. The collection also contains two issues of Garden Gateways, correspondence regarding the restoration of the...
Collection number: ahc.MSS818f
Scope and Content The collection contains the proposal and construction specifications for the J. P. Allen & Company store building located at 215 Peachtree Street NE in Atlanta, Georgia. The index documents the general conditions, heating, plumbing, and electrical work of the building, as well as other aspects in the construction process. Two addenda provide a list of changes and omissions to the original plans.
Collection number: ahc.VIS262
Scope and Content This collection contains slides, photographs, and negatives taken or collected by Cothran depicting topics such as botanists, naturalists, landscape designers and architects; horticultural, gardening and landscape topics; and historic gardens of the Southeast, other regions of the United States, and Europe. Material also includes images used in Cothran's lectures and books he authored. The majority of the collection consists of images taken by Cothran on his travels or collected during...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1137
Scope and Content The majority of this collection contains correspondence, estimates, ledgers, proposals, and planting studies that provide a history of Julia O. Martin's career as principal of Julia O. Martin Landscape Design. Martin's resume and clippings offer details of her personal and professional life. Of special note are Martin's garden design sketches included in various planting studies.
Collection number: ahc.MSS413f
Scope and Content This research paper is entitled "First Methodist Church" and was written by Kathryn T. Clark, a student at Georgia State University. The church building was designed by Willis Franklin Denny II. The paper describes the architecture of the church and some of its history.
Collection number: ahc.VIS379
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs taken by Reeves Studios of the gardens of Laura and John Bulow Campbell's property at 2958 Andrews Drive. The images highlight a boxwood terrace garden with tulips, a central pool featuring a Leda and the Swan bronze statue, garden tile, and a grassy allee flanked by dogwoods in bloom. Of special note are several millstones, popular decoration in gardens of that time period.
- Subject: Architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Smith, William T. (William Tingle) 3
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Georgia Chapter 2
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 2
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Baldwin, Harry J. 2
- Butts, Norman C. 2
- English-American Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Franklin, Daniel Berry 2
- Franklin-Smith Associates 2
- Georgia Governor's Mansion (Atlanta, Ga.). Memorial Garden 2
- Georgia Institute of Technology 2
- Harkness, G. Eric (George Eric) 2
- Henry Grady Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- J.P. Allen & Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Martini and Associates, Landscape Architects and Planning Consultants (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Morgan, Dillon & Lewis (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Peachtree Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Reeves Studios (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Reid, J. Neel (Joseph Neel), 1885-1926 2
- Terminal Station (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Aaron, Hank, 1934- 1
- Agnes Scott College 1
- Alger, Barrett 1
- American Society of Landscape Architects. Southeast Chapter 1
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 1
- Ashford Park Nurseries (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atkins Park Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Botanical Garden 1
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Falcons. (Football team) 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Atlanta History Center 1
- Atlanta Municipal Market (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Union Mission (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta University Center (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Water Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Baker, William T., 1956- 1
- Baldwin and Associates Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Baptist Tabernacle Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Benning family 1
- Benning, A. H. (Augustus Harrison) 1
- Benning, Broughton Walton, 1897-1964 1
- Benning, Ella Van Nuise, 1856-1896 1
- Benning, Gertrude 1
- Benning, Henry, 1845-1898 1
- Benning, Kathleen Petty 1
- Benning, Kitty 1
- Benning, Margaret Rowena Russell 1
- Benning, Thomas Cobb 1
- Benning, Thomas Theodore, 1835-1887 1
- Birmingham Terminal Station (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- Bradley, Horace 1
- Butts family 1
- Callaway Gardens (Pine Mountain, Ga.) 1
- Campbell, John Bulow, 1870-1940 1
- Campbell, Laura Berry 1
- Candler, Asa Griggs, 1851-1929 1
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Century Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Clark, Kathryn T. 1
- Clarke, Helen Hawkins 1
- Colonial Williamsburg, inc.. Dept. of Collections 1
- Connell, Arnall T. (Arnall Turner) 1
- Cook, Gussie (Augusta Theodocia), 1880-1957 1
- Cooke & Swope (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cooke, E. Burton 1
- Cothran, James R. 1
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Courts, Virginia Orme Campbell 1
- Cox College (College Park, Ga.) 1
- Crook, Lewis Edmund, Jr. 1
- Crystal Palace (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Dargan Landscape Architects, Inc. 1
- Dargan, Hugh Graham 1
- Dargan, Mary Palmer 1
- Daugherty, Edward L. 1
- Denny, Willis Franklin, II 1
- Downing, W. T. (Walter Thomas) 1
- East Lake Golf Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Eiseman Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- F & L Photo Service (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- First Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- First Methodist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- First National Bank of Atlanta 1
- Focal Point, Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fort McPherson (Ga.) 1
- Fox Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fulton Bag and Cotton Mills 1
- Garden Club of America 1
- Garden Club of Georgia. 1
- Gardens for Peace (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- General Motors Corporation. Chevrolet Motor Division (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia School of Technology 1
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Grady, Henry Woodfin, 1850-1889 1
- Hentz, Hal, 1883-1972 1 ∧ less