Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 51
Collection number: ahc.MSS877
Scope and Content This collection contains seven journals/ledgers and three trial balance books. The journals/ledgers give a detailed account of the items that A.J. Martin Hardware Company carried and what they paid for them.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1014
Scope and Content This collection contains newspaper clippings, correspondence, awards and ceremony programs, and scrapbooks collected by the Allen family. The bulk of the collection pertains to Ivan Allen, Sr. and Ivan Allen, Jr.'s business, civic, and political affairs. Ivan Allen, Sr.'s state senate campaign and election, and Ivan Allen, Jr.'s mayoral campaign and election, and both father and son's work with various charities and civic minded associations are included. Of note are the numerous scrapbooks...
Collection number: ahc.MSS164
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, financial records, annual reports, trade publications, scrapbooks, programs and invitations, relating to the Coca-Cola Company and the Atlanta Coca Cola Bottling Company.
Collection number: ahc.VIS87
Scope and Contents These photographs depict the facilities, employees, and marketing efforts of the Atlanta Coca Cola Bottling Company during the first half of the Twentieth Century. Also included are personal photographs of the Montgomery family. The collection is an excellent source for those interested in the operations of the soft drink company during this time period. Included are exterior and interior photographs of bottling plants in Atlanta, delivery trucks, vending machines, and billboards, signs,...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1067
Scope and Content Collection materials consist of business and legal records, including a 1933 lease, a 1947 certificate of residence change, meeting minutes, financial statements, correspondence, and memos.
Collection number: ahc.MSS11f
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists of a bound ledger containing the minutes of the meetings of the Atlanta City Brewing Company’s Board of Directors and Shareholders, and also periodic company financial statements during its first years of operation, 1876 – 1905. The minutes are written in long hand by the company secretary. The minutes of the board meetings concern election of officers, dividend declarations and operating proposals and decisions. The shareholder meetings concern review of the...
Collection number: ahc.VIS225
Scope and Content This collection contains snapshot photographs of staff and patrons inside the nightclub during special events and regular business hours. Included are professional publicity photographs of drag performers and entertainers that include Jimmy James, Cynthia Manley, Bubba McNeely, Jane Doe, and Gladys Knight. Also included are advertising flyers for special events.
Collection number: ahc.MSS60
Scope and Content These papers consist of correspondence between various members of the Benning family, personal documents, genealogy of the Benning family, and business papers from Hong Kong, New York and Atlanta.
Collection number: ahc.VIS192
Scope and Content The collection, in its original format, is a single 8mm black and white acetate film. The film captures the roadside environs along Marietta Street and other downtown roadways beginning in or near downtown Atlanta, heading northwest towards Kennesaw Mountain, and ending in the Marietta Square. Mr. Horne appears to be following the inner urban streetcar route. There are several billboards for businesses located in downtown Atlanta: Downtown Chevrolet Co., Henry Grady Hotel, Ansley Hotel, and...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1039
Scope and Content This collection contains Buckhead Business Association letters of incorporation, organizational charts, membership lists, and meeting minutes. The collection also contains correspondence and newspaper clippings pertaining to the BBA's involvement in community improvement projects and Bill Patterson as president of the association.
Collection number: ahc.MSS305
Scope and Content This collection consists of a single scrapbook that contains original vouchers and receipts for rent, utilities, fuel, repairs, household goods, food, and clothing.
Collection number: ahc.MSS881
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence to Charles "Charlie" Manley Brown, bills, receipts, campaign materials, scrapbooks, estate records of Richard N. Fickett, newspaper clippings, and materials regarding Brown's book, Charlie Brown Remembers Atlanta: Memoirs of a Public Man.
Collection number: ahc.MSS83
Scope and Content The Chattahoochee Brick Company documents contain business records that show the daily operation of the company through its financial, production, legal, and management operations. Most papers date to the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. Financial documents include cash journals, reports, record books, accounts, and ledgers. Production documents include inventories, reports, and a catalogue. Legal materials include land grands, deeds, and indentures that relate to land acquisition...
Collection number: ahc.MSS819f
Scope and Content This collection contains a proclamation by the Atlanta City Council announcing Monday, August 19, 1985 to be known as Limelight Day in Atlanta. Marvin S. Arrington, the president of the Atlanta City Council, and Robb Pitts, a council member, issued the proclamation in recognition of the club as a popular tourist attraction and the site of many charitable functions.
Collection number: ahc.MSS337
Scope and Content This collection consists of histories, reports, and publications that provide details about the company as well as the bottling operation. Also included are advertising and marketing items, anniversary materials, and memorabilia. Of special note is a commemorative book to honor company president Robert W. Woodruff's birthday in 1959.
Collection number: ahc.MSS81f
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists of a ledger used to track the monthly expenses of the Crockett Lumber Company from November 1910 to January 1914. The ledger illustrates transactions with companies such as Barfield Lumber Company, Fort Wayne Lumber Company, J.R Bennett and Sons, Woodbury Ply Mills, W.O.B. Carter and Son, Sanders Lumber Company, Capital City Club, AJ Moss, and George Miller Lumber Company.
Collection number: ahc.VIS237
Scope and Content The images in this collection consist of photographs of the construction of the Atlanta Civic Center taken by David James Messer, Sr. Photographs include black and white interior and exterior images of the auditorium of the convention center and the exhibit building for the City of Atlanta. Messer produced monthly images to document the stages of the Atlanta Civic Center's development. The collection depicts views of the initial groundbreaking in 1965 to the completion of the convention center...
Collection number: ahc.VIS233
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of the Eberhardt family, families associated with the Eberhardts, and businesses in Atlanta, Georgia, including R.P. and J.G. Eberhardt and Company and T.L. Eberhardt Coal Company. Many of these photographs were taken by Atlanta-based photographer Linnie Condon.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1123
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, business ledgers, production reports, recipes, and notes from Enrico A. Massa's pharmacy and extracts company E.A. Massa Extracts Inc. The collection also contains a 1940 program for the movie, Gone With The Wind. Of particular interest are Massa's recipes for extracts, fruit juices, and flavoring, as well as Massa's application to use alcohol in his extracts during prohibition. One recipe from 1901 is written in Italian.
Collection number: ahc.MSS875
Scope and Content This collection consists mainly of articles and advertisements of Focal Point, Inc. Other items included are the company's mission statement, awards, a history, and product brochures.
- Subject: Business enterprises -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Coca-Cola Company 4
- Georgia Institute of Technology 4
- Southeastern Fair (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Atlanta Coca-Cola Bottling Company 3
- Woodruff, Robert Winship 3
- Aaron, Hank, 1934- 2
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 2
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 2
- Atlanta Baseball and Amusement Corporation 2
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 2
- Atlanta Crackers (Baseball team) 2
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Brown, Charlie, 1902-1995 2
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 2
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Forward Atlanta Commission 2
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport 2
- Henry Grady Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio) 2
- Jackson, Maynard 2
- Jones, Bobby 2
- King, Coretta Scott 2
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 2
- Montgomery, Arthur 2
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 2
- Talmadge, Herman E. (Herman Eugene), 1913-2002 2
- Trust Company of Georgia 2
- Veterans Administration Hospital (Decatur, Ga.) 2
- Zoo Atlanta 2
- A.J. Martin Hardware Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Abbey, Jessie Harris 1
- Abbey, Lucile 1
- Abbey, Theo 1
- Agnes Scott College 1
- Aldredge, Jim 1
- Aldridge, Mamie 1
- Ali, Muhammad, 1942-2016 1
- Allen family 1
- Allen, Beaumont, 1951-2014 1
- Allen, Inman (Hugh Inman) 1
- Allen, Irene Beaumont, 1890-1972 1
- Allen, Ivan, 1877-1968 1
- Allen, Ivan, III, 1938-1992 1
- Allen, Louise Richardson, 1917-2008 1
- Alliance Theater (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- American Ordnance Association 1
- American Radio Relay League 1
- Andrews, Lina 1
- Andrews, Lisa 1
- Ansley Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Armed Forces Chemical Association 1
- Associated Charities (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Aldermen 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks, Recreation & Cultural Affairs 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 1
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 1
- Atlanta City Brewing Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Coach Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Community Chest 1
- Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau 1
- Atlanta Falcons. (Football team) 1
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta National Bank Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Public Library 1
- Atlanta Public Schools 1
- Atlanta Standard Telephone Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Water Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlantic Brewing and Ice Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Avary & Bratton Drugstore (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Avary's Drugstore (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Avary, Robert Lee, 1863-1939 1
- Avary, Thomas Carr 1
- Backstreet Atlanta Discotheque (Ga.) 1
- Baptist Tabernacle Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Barrett, Lizzie 1
- Beck Steam Laundry Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Beck, Julius Frank 1
- Belle Isle Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Bellinger family 1
- Bellinger, Frederick 1
- Bellinger, Frederick Lyle 1
- Benning Coal Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Benning family 1
- Benning, A. H. (Augustus Harrison) 1
- Benning, Broughton Walton, 1897-1964 1
- Benning, Ella Van Nuise, 1856-1896 1
- Benning, Gertrude 1
- Benning, Henry, 1845-1898 1
- Benning, Kathleen Petty 1
- Benning, Margaret Rowena Russell 1
- Benning, Thomas Cobb 1
- Boatenreiter, Gertrude 1
- Boy Scouts of America . National Council 1
- Bridges, Alicia 1
- Bromley, Hallie 1 ∧ less