Nicholson, Marie S.
- Existence: 1894 - 1975
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains minutes, scrapbooks, and yearbooks that document the civic and social activities of the club. A twenty-five year anniversary book highlights the club achievements including numerous awards from Southeastern flower shows and civic work with local area hospitals.
This collection consists of histories, minutes and yearbooks that document the club's civic and social activities. The collection also includes scrapbooks which further document the club's interests and special projects, as well as activities of members such as Marie S. Nicholson and Francis King.
This collection contains a history of the club written by Pauline C. Franklin, club historian. The history provides details of the club's civic and social activities for the first 25 years of its existence. Highlighted in the summary are the club's projects and neighborhood beautification work. Of special interest is the description of the club's involvement with Atlanta's flower and tulip shows.
This collection contains correspondence, financial reports, and clippings that document the history of the social and civic activities of the club. Also a part of the collection are tulip show programs and clippings. Much of the material pertains to Marie Nicholson, club president from 1938 to 1948. A scrapbook from the Atlanta Tulip Show Association, in which many club members also served, provides more details of the Atlanta Tulip Show of 1946.
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta 4
- Women -- Georgia -- Societies and clubs 4
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies, etc. 2
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Societies, etc. 2
- Gardening -- Societies, etc. 2
- Tulips 2
- Tulips -- Varieties 2
- Women -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies and clubs 2
- Druid Hills (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- East Lake (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Festivals -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Olmsted Linear Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Parks -- Georgia -- DeKalb County 1
- Tulips -- Breeding 1
- Tulips -- Diseases and pests 1 ∧ less