Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Content This collection contains minutes, scrapbooks, and yearbooks that document the civic and social activities of the club. A twenty-five year anniversary book highlights the club achievements including numerous awards from Southeastern flower shows and civic work with local area hospitals.
Dates: 1941-1974, undated
Scope and Content This collection consists of histories, minutes and yearbooks that document the club's civic and social activities. The collection also includes scrapbooks which further document the club's interests and special projects, as well as activities of members such as Marie S. Nicholson and Francis King.
Dates: 1929-2011, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains a history of the club written by Pauline C. Franklin, club historian. The history provides details of the club's civic and social activities for the first 25 years of its existence. Highlighted in the summary are the club's projects and neighborhood beautification work. Of special interest is the description of the club's involvement with Atlanta's flower and tulip shows.
Scope and Content The collection consists primarily of a series of scrapbooks documenting the activities of Marie Nicholson as president and member of the Tulip Study Club, president of the National Tulip Society, and an active speaker and organizer of tulip festivals in Atlanta. Also included in the collection is correspondence pertaining to Nicholson's involvement with clubs and various civic organizations within the Southeast region. The collection contains a series of posters Nicholson created detailing the...
Dates: 1938-1975, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains slides, photographs, and films that document the tulip and garden club related activities of Marie Nicholson and the Tulip Study Club. Color slides provide details of Marie Nicholson's garden and tulip varieties as well as tulip arrangements. Also included in the collection are two architectural drawings by William C. Pauley for a tulip show in the Municipal Auditorium in Atlanta, Georgia. Of special interest are films documenting Nicholson's East Lake garden in 1934...
Dates: 1934-1965, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, financial reports, and clippings that document the history of the social and civic activities of the club. Also a part of the collection are tulip show programs and clippings. Much of the material pertains to Marie Nicholson, club president from 1938 to 1948. A scrapbook from the Atlanta Tulip Show Association, in which many club members also served, provides more details of the Atlanta Tulip Show of 1946.
Dates: 1938-1987, undated
- Names: Nicholson, Marie S. X
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta 4
- Women -- Georgia -- Societies and clubs 4
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies, etc. 2
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Societies, etc. 2
- Gardening -- Societies, etc. 2
- Tulips 2
- Tulips -- Varieties 2
- Women -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies and clubs 2
- Druid Hills (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- East Lake (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Festivals -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Olmsted Linear Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Parks -- Georgia -- DeKalb County 1
- Tulips -- Breeding 1
- Tulips -- Diseases and pests 1 ∧ less
- Atlanta Tulip Flower Show Association 4
- Joel Hurt Memorial Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Tulip Study Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Home (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Pauley, William C. (William Crooks) 2