Showing Collections: 61 - 80 of 485
Collection number: ahc.MSS816
Scope and Content This collection consists of scrapbooks compiled by Mrs. Arrowood. The scrapbooks consist of pamphlets, newspaper clippings, letters, photographs, and notes made by Mrs. Arrowood.
Collection number: ahc.MSS466
Scope and Content This collection contains a scrapbook compiled by Bessie Duke Small and miscellaneous ephemeral materials. The scrapbook includes newspaper clippings primarily regarding the Democratic Party and various political events.
Dates: 1908-1961, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS531f
Scope and Content This collection contains the transcription of an oral history regarding the Inman Family and the Swan House of Atlanta, Georgia.
Collection number: ahc.MSS515
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence to and from the Georgia Historical Commission, the Georgia National Register Board, the National Register Board, and the Georgia Department of Natural Resources regarding placing the Battle of Atlanta Cyclorama on the Historic Register. The majority of the material focuses on the restoration of the Battle of Atlanta Cyclorama.
Dates: 1958-1984, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS192
Scope and Content The collection, in its original format, is a single 8mm black and white acetate film. The film captures the roadside environs along Marietta Street and other downtown roadways beginning in or near downtown Atlanta, heading northwest towards Kennesaw Mountain, and ending in the Marietta Square. Mr. Horne appears to be following the inner urban streetcar route. There are several billboards for businesses located in downtown Atlanta: Downtown Chevrolet Co., Henry Grady Hotel, Ansley Hotel, and...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1039
Scope and Content This collection contains Buckhead Business Association letters of incorporation, organizational charts, membership lists, and meeting minutes. The collection also contains correspondence and newspaper clippings pertaining to the BBA's involvement in community improvement projects and Bill Patterson as president of the association.
Dates: 1970-1977, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS99
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection is comprised of original negatives, copy prints, and copy negatives created by Bill Wilson and other artists and photographers, whose works were collected by Wilson. The collection offers important documentation on a wide variety of personalities, events, and geographic locations both in Atlanta and throughout Georgia. Most of the material is captured on acetate film and color transparencies.
Dates: 1938-1984, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS283
Scope and Content This collection consists of portrait images of Blanchard family members, including Waid Hill Blanchard; Martha Lane Hill; Mary Anne Hill; Moses C. Blanchard; and Mary Blanchard.
Dates: approximately 1870
Collection number: ahc.VIS287
Scope and Content This collection contains images of members of the Bomar and Killian family and their close friends. It also contains images of Atlanta street scenes from the early 19th and mid 20th centuries.
Dates: 1846-1921, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS805f
Scope and Content This collection contains an oral history recording of Boutwell Hudgins's recollection of the 1917 Great Fire of Atlanta, which he survived while he was a student at the Atlanta Technological High School. There is also a handwritten account of the event that he wrote as well as copy written by his daughter, Leckey.
Collection number: ahc.MSS834
Scope and Content This collection contains the minutes of the Breakfast Culb meetings for 1959 and 1964. Copies of the yearly minutes were typed, bound, and given to the members. They were written with a sense of humor but give few details.
Collection number: ahc.MSS368f
Scope and Content This collection contains an autograph book titled "Chap Record" that includes names and addresses of approximately thirty friends and acquaintances of Bright Bickerstaff West, mostly Inman Park residents including Asa Candler and Joel Hurt.
Collection number: ahc.VIS276
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of the park in Brookwood Hills including the playground, picnic and pool areas during restoration work by the club. Images show playground structures, picnic tables, planters, stone steps, as well as trees, shrubs, and other plants. Also a part of the collection are photographs of the club's Christmas decorations inside Rhodes Memorial Hall, Atlanta, Georgia. Of particular interest are club members and children shown during park workdays and events.
Dates: 1974-1982, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS648
Scope and Content This collection contains minutes, reports, yearbooks, and correspondence that document the civic and social activities of the club. Minutes also include membership and financial reports. Scrapbooks detail the club's programs, flower shows, and civic projects. Three of the scrapbooks are devoted to the club's restoration of Brookwood Hills Park in the 1970s.
Dates: 1938-1988, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS348
Scope and Content This collection contains the constitution and by-laws of the Buckhead Fifty Club, including membership lists for the years 1932, 1934, 1952, 1956-1957, 1959, 1962-1979, 1981-1983 and one labeled the 1979 Presidential Edition. There are minutes and resolutions of the organization from the years 1935-1940 and a history of the club's activities from 1934-1956. Also included are newspaper clippings in 1955 about the Little League team and the annual Santa Claus parade the club sponsored, as well...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1036
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, rosters, minutes, membership, and financial records of the club. Also included is the club's monthly newsletter, The Good Earth Boys, which highlights their activities. Material also documents the club's operation of three successive greenhouses.
Dates: 1960-2013, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS163
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection is comprised of photographs of buildings, street scenes, and landmarks in Atlanta, Georgia. Also included is a set of images of houses, churches, and public buildings in the Druid Hills neighborhood, and another group of photographs of the Edward Peters home on 179 Ponce de Leon Avenue. Among the images of buildings are Atlanta City Hall, Atlanta Stadium, Georgia State Capitol building, Georgia State Penitentiary, Georgia Tech, Peachtree Center, and Yaarab Shriner’s Temple....
Collection number: ahc.MSS133f
Scope and Content This collection contains a letter written on March 30, 1876 by C. M. Clarke of Mount Vernon, Illinois to the Mayor of Atlanta asking for information about immigrating to Atlanta to help develop the area.
Collection number: ahc.MSS50
Scope and Content The Calhoun family papers consist of correspondence, newspaper clippings, military papers, and family history. The primary contributors to the collection are James Montgomery Calhoun and his son, William Lowndes Calhoun. Notable items in the collection include an undated Calhoun family history, a personal account of Sherman’s siege of Atlanta by Robert Henderson, a family Bible, a handwritten copy of the affidavit of James M. Calhoun regarding the surrender of Atlanta, and a floor plan of the...
Dates: 1834-1960, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS788
Scope and Content This collection consists of five scrapbooks containing newspaper clippings, photographs, and letters concerning City of Atlanta personnel and the events affecting the city's Personnel Department, including the World War II years. They also contain newspaper clippings, photographs, and letters on the 81st Infantry Division, Army Reserves. General Sutherland's military career during World War II is not chronicled in these scrapbooks.
- Subject: Atlanta (Ga.) X
- Atlanta Historical Society 17
- Hartsfield, William Berry 17
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 11
- Georgia Institute of Technology 10
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 10
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 10
- Rich's (Retail store) 10
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 9
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Allen, Ivan, 1877-1968 8
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 8
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Fowler, Wyche, 1940- 8
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Young, Andrew, 1932- 8
- Atlanta (Ga.). Police Department 7
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 7
- Coca-Cola Company 7
- Maddox, Lester, 1915-2003 7
- Massell, Sam 7
- Swan House (Atlanta, Ga.) 7
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Emory University 6
- English-American Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Fox Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Georgia Power Company 6
- Henry Grady Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Hurt Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Mitchell, Margaret, 1900-1949 6
- Southeastern Fair (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Underground Atlanta, Inc. 6
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 5
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 5
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Atlanta History Center 5
- Atlanta Water Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- C. W. Motes (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Forward Atlanta Commission 5
- Georgia. General Assembly 5
- Inman, Emily Caroline MacDougald 5
- King, Coretta Scott, 1927-2006 5
- Ku Klux Klan, 1915- 5
- Kurtz, Wilbur G. (Wilbur George), 1882-1967 5
- Oakland Cemetery (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 5
- Slaton, John M. 5
- Talmadge, Herman E. (Herman Eugene), 1913-2002 5
- University of Georgia 5
- Agnes Scott College 4
- American Red Cross 4
- Atlanta (Ga.) 4
- Atlanta Art Association 4
- Atlanta Housing Authority 4
- Atlanta Urban League 4
- Biltmore Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Boy Scouts of America . National Council 4
- Busbee, George, 1927-2004 4
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 4
- DuBose, Beverly M., 1918-1986 4
- Flatiron Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Frank, Leo, 1884-1915 4
- Georgia Federation of Women's Clubs 4
- Inman, Edward H., 1881-1931 4
- Junior League of Atlanta 4
- Kuhns Photographic Studio (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Lakewood Fairgrounds (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- League of Women Voters of Atlanta/Fulton County 4
- Loew's Grand Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Peters family 4
- Peters, Edward C. 4
- Peters, Richard 4
- Reeves Studios (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Reid, J. Neel (Joseph Neel), 1885-1926 4
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference 4
- Tallulah Falls School (Tallulah Falls, Ga.) 4
- Technological High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Terminal Station (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Thornton House (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Union Station (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Western and Atlantic Railroad Company 4
- Zoo Atlanta 4
- Allen family 3
- Allen, Ivan, III, 1938-1992 3
- Allen, Louise Richardson, 1917-2008 3
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 3
- Arrington, Marvin S. 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Aldermen 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Executive Committee 3
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 3
- Atlanta Falcons (Football team) 3
- Atlanta Memorial Arts Center 3
- Atlanta Music Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Atlanta Urban Design Commission (Ga.) 3 ∧ less