Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Content This collection contains one scrapbook that provides details of the social and civic activities of the club. The scrapbook includes clippings, photographs, program information, and one yearbook. Entries and awards from flower shows are also detailed. Of special interest are sketches of a garden beautification project and signpost along Peachtree Battle Avenue between Woodward Way and Dellwood Drive in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta.
Scope and Content This collection contains materials which detail the social and civic activities of the club and provide details on programs and projects. Included in the collection are clippings, articles, correspondence, and flower show ephemera. Of special interest are scrapbook items concerning member Louise B. Hastings, past president of The Garden Club of Georgia, well known lecturer, author, and wife of Donald M. Hastings, owner of H. G. Hastings Co.
Dates: 1932-1957, undated
Scope and Content These papers consist of scrapbooks, financial records, newspaper clippings, genalogy material, scholarly articles, and correspondence of Mary Connally Spalding and her family.
Dates: 1867-1967, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains materials regarding the creation and management of the Peachtree-Cherokee Trust, the publication and promotion of Architecture of Neel Reid in Georgia by James H. Grady, and documents detailing the life and work of Reid. Papers include legal documents, correspondence, book reviews and publicity, financial records, research notes, articles, and clippings.
Dates: 1963-1975, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains scrapbooks that provide details on the civic and social activities of the club. The scrapbooks contain clippings, correspondence, photographs, and flower show programs. Of special interest are club histories that describe the Peachtree Creek neighborhood in the early years of development.
Scope and Content This collection contains clippings, correspondence, flower show programs, minutes, and yearbooks that provide details on the civic and social activities of the club. Also part of the collection are scrapbooks that highlight programs, projects, and club interests. Of special note is a scrapbook devoted to the club's civic project of landscaping the traffic island at Cherokee Road and Andrews Drive.
Dates: 1939-1981, undated
- Buckhead (Atlanta, Ga.) -- History 4
- Flower shows -- Georgia -- Atlanta 4
- Women -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies and clubs 4
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- History 2
- Architects -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Architecture, domestic -- Georgia 1
- Authors and publishers -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Civil defense -- Georgia 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Historic preservation -- Georgia 1
- Parkways -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Peachtree Creek (Ga.) 1
- Women -- Georgia -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women in community development -- Georgia 1 ∧ less
- 1908 History Class (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Brown family 1
- Cherokee Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Connally family 1
- Daugherty, Edward L. 1
- Forsythia Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Grady, James H. 1
- Habersham Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hastings, Louise Brown 1
- Junior Flower Show Association (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Neighborhood Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Peachtree Creek Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Peachtree Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Peachtree-Cherokee Trust (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Reid, J. Neel (Joseph Neel), 1885-1926 1
- Sheltering Arms Association of Day Nurseries (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Spade and Trowel Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Spalding family 1
- Spalding, Mary Connally, 1877-1953 1 ∧ less