Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Scope and Content This collection contains images of homes built in the early 20th century in the Atkins Park neighborhood, Atlanta, Georgia. A variety of architectural styles are represented including Georgian Revival, American Craftsman, and English Tudor. The photographs also provide details of landscape styles as well as popular shrubs and ornamental plants used in front yard gardens. Of special note are two images of the neighborhood stone entrance gateways.
Scope and Content This collection contains both residential and commercial landscape drawings for clients throughout the southeast United States. Also included are a few projects for international clients. The majority of projects are residential clients.
Dates: 1982-2008, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains client files detailing landscape architecture plans, estimates, invoices, and correspondence. Also included are accounting and financial records, teaching and lecture materials, and professional correspondence with vendors and nurseries. Additionally, media files contain articles highlighting Dargan projects and events.
Dates: 1918-2010, undated; Majority of material found within 1979 - 2010
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, contracts, and invoices for landscape work completed at the Memorial Garden at the Governor's Mansion. Also included are descriptions of stonework such as a limestone oval and a millstone. Of special interest are plant lists providing details of trees and shrubs used in the project.
Scope and Contents of the Records The Helen Hawkins Clarke collection contains landscape sketches drawn by Clarke. Photographs of Clarke at work and photographs of the work she completed in her garden are also included. Clarke’s clippings of photographs and landscape designs from popular magazines from the 1920s and 1930s constitute a large portion of the collection. The bulk of the collection dates from 1923-1938. The collection also contains two issues of Garden Gateways, correspondence regarding the restoration of the...
Dates: 1923-1982, undated
Scope and Contents This collection contains photographs that document the social and civic activities of the club. Photographs include unidentified members attending social and civic events, field trips, and garden tours. Of special interest are images of historic homes and an unidentified cemetery in Georgia.
Dates: 1985-1986, undated
Scope and Content The majority of this collection contains correspondence, estimates, ledgers, proposals, and planting studies that provide a history of Julia O. Martin's career as principal of Julia O. Martin Landscape Design. Martin's resume and clippings offer details of her personal and professional life. Of special note are Martin's garden design sketches included in various planting studies.
Dates: 1937-1997, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs taken by Reeves Studios of the gardens of Laura and John Bulow Campbell's property at 2958 Andrews Drive. The images highlight a boxwood terrace garden with tulips, a central pool featuring a Leda and the Swan bronze statue, garden tile, and a grassy allee flanked by dogwoods in bloom. Of special note are several millstones, popular decoration in gardens of that time period.
Dates: approximately 1941
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape drawings of both William L. Monroe, Sr. and William L. Monroe, Jr., as part of the Monroe's Landscape and Nursery Company, and represent a wide variety of clients including residential, commercial, churches, and parks. Of special note is a landscape plan of Chastain Woods for Chastain Memorial Park.
Dates: 1934-1987, undated
Scope and Contents This collection contains landscape drawings, plant lists, concept and site plans, and surveys that provide details of work done by Richard Anderson Landscape Architect Inc., as well as earlier work with Daugherty/Anderson and Associates. The work of a few other architects is included such as Edward L. Daugherty and E. S. Draper. The majority of projects are of residential landscapes.
Scope and Content This collection contains landscape drawings of chiefly residential properties in Atlanta and other cities in Georgia and North Carolina. Some of the drawings from 1982-1985 were created by Franklin-Smith Associates of which Smith was a landscape architect. Also part of the collection is a business poster and landscape plans for parks and a subdivision. Of special interest are drawings for the Schlaifer residence in Atlanta and the Williamson residence, Salubrity Hall, in Augusta.
Dates: 1976-2013, undated
Scope and Content This collection contains contracts, correspondence, invoices, and task lists that detail landscape projects and involvement with clients. Also a part of the collection are landscape plans and plant lists. Of special interest is a portfolio of completed landscape work for the Schlaifer residence in the Tuxedo Park neighborhood of Atlanta.
Dates: 1976-2015, undated
- Gardens -- Design 8
- Landscape architects -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 8
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta 8
- Formal gardens -- Design 4
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia 4
- Landscape architecture -- Southern States 3
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta 3
- Gardening -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Societies, etc. 2
- Landscape design -- Georgia -- Atlanta 2
- Plants, Ornamental -- Georgia 2
- Architecture, Domestic -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Atkins Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Buckhead (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cemeteries -- Georgia 1
- Dogwoods -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Garden ornaments and furniture -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Gardens -- 1920-1930 1
- Gardens -- 1930-1940 1
- Gardens -- Southern States 1
- Gardens -- Southern States -- History 1
- Historic buildings -- Georgia 1
- Historic gardens -- Georgia 1
- Historic sites -- Georgia 1
- Landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Fulton County 1
- Landscape architecture -- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Landscape gardening -- Georgia 1
- Landscape gardening -- Southern States 1
- Landscape gardening -- Southern States -- History 1
- Millstones -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Nurseries (Horticulture) -- Georgia 1
- Nursery growers -- Georgia 1
- Parks -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Roses -- Varieties 1
- Urban gardens -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- Urban landscape architecture -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Women gardeners -- Georgia 1
- Women landscape architects -- Georgia 1
- Women--Georgia--Atlanta--Societies and clubs 1 ∧ less
- Smith, William T. (William Tingle) 3
- Dargan Landscape Architects, Inc. 2
- Dargan, Hugh Graham 2
- Dargan, Mary Palmer 2
- Franklin-Smith Associates 2
- Anderson, Richard, 1947- 1
- Atkins Park Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Campbell, John Bulow, 1870-1940 1
- Campbell, Laura Berry 1
- Chastain Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Clarke, Helen Hawkins 1
- Colonial Williamsburg, inc.. Dept. of Collections 1
- Courts, Virginia Orme Campbell 1
- Daugherty, Edward L. 1
- Daugherty/Anderson and Associates 1
- Franklin, Daniel Berry 1
- Garden Club of Georgia. 1
- Georgia Governor's Mansion (Atlanta, Ga.). Memorial Garden 1
- Ivy Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Julia O. Martin Landscape Design 1
- Martin, Julia Orme 1
- Monroe's Landscape and Nursery Co. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Monroe, William L., 1892-1965 1
- Monroe, William L., 1925-1999 1
- Peachtree Garden Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Reeves Studios (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Richard Anderson Landscape Architect Inc. 1
- Thornton House (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Wheeler, Perry H. 1
- Wheeler-Clarke, Landscape Architects 1
- William T. Smith and Associates Inc. 1
- Wren's Nest (Atlanta, Ga.) 1 ∧ less