Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Collection number: ahc.VIS112
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection is comprised primarily of photographs of geographic locations in Atlanta and the state of Georgia. They were obtained by Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company through the course of business and were probably used to promote their services as a printing company. The photographs were taken by commercial photographers and photojournalists such as Edgar Orr (active 1922-1964), Kenneth Rogers (Head of the Constitutions Photography department, and later the head of the Atlanta...
Dates: 1961-1962, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS103
Scope and Contents of the Records The majority of this collection consists of members of the Atlanta Crackers baseball team and players from the Nashville Vols. Most of the images were taken at Ponce de Leon Park in Atlanta, Georgia, and most are identified. Included are images of Buddy Bates, Charles Bicknell, Robert Boring, James Callaway, Ray Cattano, Paul Cave, Charles Cottier, Jack Daniels, John DeMerit, Frank DiPrima, Richard Grabowski, Robert Heartsfield, Rober Hartman, Ev Joyner, Charles King, Clyde King, Mike Krsnich,...
Dates: 1956-1958, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS854f
Scope and Content This collection contains memorabilia from the Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium. Included are tickets from the first regular season Atlanta Braves game played in the stadium in 1966 against the Pittsburgh Pirates, as well as the last regular season game from 1996 against the Montreal Expos. The collection also includes a magazine, the Atlanta Stadium Special Dedication Edition, published by the City of Atlanta and Fulton County Recreation Authority. The magazine...
Collection number: ahc.MSS871f
Scope and Content This collection contains memorabilia from the women's professional basketball team Atlanta Glory's 1996-1997 season including posters, ticket stubs, schedules, bumper stickers, assorted pamphlets, and programs. Of particular note is a game record with a detailed account of a game against the Seattle Reign on February 19, 1997.
Dates: 1996-1997, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS223
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of 159 baseball players who played for the Boston Braves, the Boston Bees, the Milwaukee Braves, and the Atlanta Braves baseball clubs. The majority of the images are professional publicity photographs of individual players. Included in the collection are baseball photographs of Chipper Jones as a child in the 13-year-old Babe Ruth League and at the 1989 Florida States Tournament.
Dates: 1913-1989, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS164
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains portraits of members of four generations of the Carlisle family of Atlanta, Georgia. Also included are photographs that depict activities such as sporting events and summer camp. Photographs of family members include James and Mary Carlisle, and two of their children, Isaac and Annie May. Among the identified photographs are images of the children of Isaac and Laura Carlisle; William Rhodes Carlisle, I. Reed Carlisle, and Harry B. Carlisle. Photographs of members of a...
Dates: circa 1870 – 1960, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS247
Scope and Content This collection contains aerial and street views of the Buckhead, downtown, and Midtown areas of Atlanta, Georgia. Included are images of Buckhead restaurants such as OK Cafe and Buckhead Diner. Also featured are the Atlanta History Center's Swan House, Lenox Square Mall, Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System, Underground Atlanta, the Georgia Dome, The Fox Theatre, High Museum of Art, The Varsity, Piedmont Park, and Clark College (later named Clark Atlanta University). Other images include...
Dates: 1972-1998, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1149
Scope and Content This collection consists of 11 matted letters sent to Dan Easton concerning the location of the 1998 Gay Games. These letters were written by representatives of various non-profit organizations and government offices to support the selection of Atlanta as the 1998 location of the Gay Games. These organizations and offices include The King Center, Elton John AIDS Foundation, Georgia Governor’s Office, Atlanta Mayor’s Office, Atlanta Theater Coalition, Paralympics, Carter Center, Atlanta...
Dates: 1993, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS2
Scope and Content This collection includes photographs of people, places, and events taken by Atlanta Constitution photographer Francis E. price. Most of the images were probably produced for news stories in the newspaper. Included are photographs of President Theodore Roosevelt; Democratic party leader William Jennings Bryan; Georgia Poet Laureate and Atlanta Constitution columnist Frank L. Stanton; Atlanta...
Dates: 1906-1928, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS179
Scope and Contents of the Records The collection, in its original format, contains a series of sixty-five reels of primarily silent black and white nitrate film commissioned by Eugene M. White to promote the prosperous African-American communities in Atlanta during the 1930s. The footage documents a variety of activities including sporting events, homecoming, golf, motorcycle racing, occupational activities, and baseball. Included in the footage is the Atlanta Black Crackers baseball team playing a game at Ponce De Leon Park in...
Dates: circa 1938
Collection number: ahc.VIS106
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection is comprised of images taken by Atlanta Journal- Constitution journalist Joe McTyre, and images of other Atlanta photojournalists. The photographs in the collection include images of prominent individuals in government, business, entertainment, sports, and others who were the subject of news events. Also included are photographs of the physical environment of Atlanta, and in rural Georgia towns. The remaining photographs relate to news coverage of events such as airplane...
Dates: 1889-1985, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS227
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of Bobby Jones, Jr., his wife, Mary Malone Jones, and their three children: Clara Malone Jones Black (1925-1994); Robert Tyre Jones, III (1926-1973); and Mary Ellen Jones Hood (b. 1931). Also included are photographs of his parents, Robert Permedus Jones, Sr. (1879-1956) and Clara Merrick Thomas Jones (1881-1961), grandchildren of Bobby Jones, and acquaintances of the family. Most of the images in the collection are informal snapshots of the family taken at...
Dates: approximately 1910-1980, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS33
Scope and Content This collection documents the Atlanta urban environment, particularly during the 1950s and 1960s, through cityscapes, aerial views and scenes of individual buildings as the city underwent a period of building and growth. The arrival of the city's first professional sports team, the Atlanta Braves, is documented. Also included in the collection are scenes pertaining to Southern politics including local, state and presidential races. A wide variety of Georgia agriculture and industry is...
Collection number: ahc.VIS136
Scope and Contents of the Records Included in this collection are photographs of Atlanta buildings and parks. Images include the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary, Piedmont Park, the Cyclorama building in Grant Park, the Hurt Building and Hurt Park, the Municipal Auditorium, Rich’s Department Store, and The Temple and other scenes on Peachtree Street.
Collection number: ahc.VIS322
Scope and Content This collection documents the public life of former Atlanta Mayor Sam Massell. The majority of the images in the collection depict his time as mayor; others document his career as a realtor and member of the City of Atlanta Board of Aldermen. The images also document Massell's ceremonial duties as mayor, including presiding over groundbreakings; presenting keys to the city to special visitors; and ceremonies involving MARTA and Delta Airlines. The collection features images of Massell hosting...
Dates: 1954-1991, undated; Majority of material found within 1969 - 1974
Collection number: ahc.MSS1015
Scope and Content This collection contains corporate records of Southline Press, and includes advertising and administrative records, published articles, and research files. Advertising records include advertising copy, sales records, advertising rates, and sales invoices. Administrative records contain budgets, contracts, reader surveys, and correspondence of Southline publisher Todd Evans. The remainder of the collection consists of drafts and copies of articles published in...
Dates: 1959-1988, undated; Majority of material found within 1985 - 1988
Collection number: ahc.MSS357
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of scrapbook material retained by Natalie Cohen and two scrapbooks assembled by others. Included are newspaper clippings, ticket stubs, a players pass, pamphlets regarding the championships, participant brackets, and score cards.
Collection number: ahc.VIS313
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of William A. Manning, Sr and his family. It also includes images of street scenes in Atlanta.
Dates: approximately 1907-1939
Collection number: ahc.VIS177
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection consists of images taken by photographer Bill Hull in the course of his duties at the Atlanta Historical Society. Mr. Hull frequently photographed areas in Atlanta in support of research, exhibitions, and programs at the institution. Included are images of geographic locations in the Metropolitan Atlanta region, including Buckhead, Cabbagetown, Midtown and downtown Atlanta, Georgia. Images of geographic locations show commercial buildings, parks, and street views of important...
- Subject: Sports -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 4
- Aaron, Hank, 1934- 3
- Agnes Scott College 3
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- East Lake Golf Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 2
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 2
- Georgia Institute of Technology 2
- Henry Grady Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio) 2
- Jones, Bobby 2
- Little White House (Warm Springs, Ga.) 2
- Matthews, Eddie (Edwin Lee) 2
- Peachtree Road Race (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- United States Penitentiary, Atlanta, Georgia 2
- University of Georgia 2
- Veterans Administration Hospital (Decatur, Ga.) 2
- Acme News Pictures (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Adcock, Joe (Joseph Wilber), 1927-1999 1
- Akers, Bull (William G.), 1904-1962 1
- Alliance Theater (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Alston, Cotten (Robert Cotten, III), 1945- 1
- American League Service Bureau (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 1
- Arrington, Marvin S. 1
- Associated Press (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Associated Press Wire Photo (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Aldermen 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks, Recreation & Cultural Affairs 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 1
- Atlanta Black Crackers (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau 1
- Atlanta Crackers (Baseball team) 1
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 1
- Atlanta Falcons (Football team) 1
- Atlanta Glory (Basketball team) 1
- Atlanta Hawks (Basketball team) 1
- Atlanta Historical Society 1
- Atlanta Negro Chamber of Commerce 1
- Atlanta Rhythm Section (Musical group) 1
- Atlanta Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Baptist Tabernacle Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Benton, Larry (Lawrence James) 1
- Berger, Wally (Walter Anton) 1
- Betts, Huck (Walter McKinley) 1
- Bickford, Vernon Edgell 1
- Bill & Bob Photo (Bradenton, Fla.) 1
- Bissonette, Del (Delphia Louis) 1
- Black, Clara Malone Jones 1
- Brandt, Eddie (Edward Arthur) 1
- Brillheart, Jim (James) 1
- Bruton, Bill (William Havon) 1
- Bryan, William Jennings 1
- Buhl, Bob (Robert Ray) 1
- Burdette, Lew (Selva Lewis) 1
- Burns, Jack (John I.) 1
- Burris, Paul Robert 1
- Callaway Gardens (Pine Mountain, Ga.) 1
- Cantwell, Ben (Benjamin Caldwell) 1
- Carey, Max George 1
- Carlisle family 1
- Carlisle, Isaac 1
- Carlisle, James Cosby 1
- Carlisle, Mary Isabella 1
- Carrara, Jack 1
- Chipman, Bob (Robert Howard) 1
- Civitan International 1
- Clark Atlanta University 1
- Cleage, Pearl 1
- Cloister (Hotel) 1
- Cohen, Natalie, 1912-2007 1
- Cole, Dave (David Bruce) 1
- Coleman, Bob (Robert Hunter) 1
- Conley, Gene (Donald Eugene) 1
- Conlon, Charles 1
- Cooney, Johnny (John Walker) 1
- Cooper, Mort (Morton Cecil) 1
- Cooper, Walker (William Walker) 1
- Covington, Wes (Clarence Calvert) 1
- Crandall, Del (Delmar Wesley) 1
- Crone, Ray (Raymond Hayes) 1
- Crowe, George Daniel 1
- Cusick, Jack (John Peter) 1
- Daniels, Jack (Harold Jack) 1
- Davidson, Donald 1
- DeMerit, John (John Stephen) 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- Dittmer, Jack (John Douglas) 1
- Donovan, Dick (Richard Edward) 1
- Easton, Daniel 1
- Edelman, John 1
- Elliot, Bob (Robert Erving) 1
- Evans, Paul 1
- Evans, Todd 1
- Evers, Johnny 1
- Farrakhan, Louis 1 ∧ less