Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 23
Collection number: ahc.VIS144
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains aerial photographs produced to assist Adams-Cates Company in the development of commercial real estate in the metropolitan Atlanta area. Aerial views of the cities of Atlanta, College Park, Decatur, East Point, Forest Park, Gainesville, Hapeville, Lithonia, Marietta, Panthersville, Sandy Springs, Smyrna, Stone Mountain, as well as dozens of images of unidentified areas in the metropolitan Atlanta region are contained in the collection. The photographs document the...
Collection number: ahc.MSS422
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of three scrapbooks that contain of newspaper clippings, photographs, and correspondence.
Dates: 1949-1951, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS352
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of personal papers of Bessie Shaw Stafford. Included in the collection are photographs, newspaper clippings, and wedding book of Elizabeth (Bessie) Shaw and George R. Stafford.
Collection number: ahc.VIS247
Scope and Content This collection contains aerial and street views of the Buckhead, downtown, and Midtown areas of Atlanta, Georgia. Included are images of Buckhead restaurants such as OK Cafe and Buckhead Diner. Also featured are the Atlanta History Center's Swan House, Lenox Square Mall, Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System, Underground Atlanta, the Georgia Dome, The Fox Theatre, High Museum of Art, The Varsity, Piedmont Park, and Clark College (later named Clark Atlanta University). Other images include...
Dates: 1972-1998, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS426
Scope and Content This collection contains materials from the Atlanta Chapter, Joseph Habersham Chapter, Fielding Lewis Chapter, Sarah McIntosh Chapter, and the Baron DeKalb Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. Included in the collection is scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, programs, and membership rosters. There are also DAR magazines and other ephemeral items.
Dates: 1898-1964, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS301
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of aerial views of Atlanta and vicinity, and of Valdosta, Georgia. Included are images of Southern Railway shops; downtown Atlanta; Ponce de Leon Baseball Park; Gammon Theological Seminary; and Oglethorpe University and Georgia School of Techonology campuses. Of interest are photographs pertaining to Davis as an aviator and his early days of commercial flying.
Dates: 1929-1934, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS46
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs, prints, and postcards collected by Dr. Amey Chappell. The images depict people in Atlanta, Georgia, or unidentified areas in Georgia. Included in the collection is one printed panorama view of the May 21, 1917 Atlanta Fire; one Currier and Ives lithograph depicting the capture of Atlanta during the Civil War; one postcard depicting the Tallulah Apartment at 87 Washington Street, circa 1905; one souvenir postcard booklet of Atlanta; and twelve photographs....
Collection number: ahc.VIS117
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains images of the construction of Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) rail stations, including the Five Points Station, Civic Center Station, North Avenue Station, Garnett Station, the North Line, South Line and East Line. Also included are photographs taken on the opening day for the Avondale, Decatur, Omni, Fare Gates rail stations, and the West Line.
Dates: 1978-1980, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS199
Scope and Content This collection contains original photographic prints, daguerreotypes, and negatives depicting members of Edith Cook's extended family. These materials include images of members of the Bell, Brockman, Cook, Collier, Dicks, Dolt, Hall, Harber, Ingram, Lowman, Owen, Potts, Thomas, Waldo, and Wilson families. There are also photographs of family residences in Georgia and Ohio and images related to Earl P. Cook, Jr.'s work with Southern Bell in Tennessee and Florida.
Dates: 1875-1989, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS186
Scope and Content This collection contains images that document the metropolitan Atlanta region and photographs illustrating social events in the city. Bell and Stanton Public Relations used these photographs documenting the Atlanta area as promotional images. Most of the images were taken in the late 1960s and include the Atlanta Civic Center, Atlanta Memorial Arts Center, First Federal Savings and Loan building, Hartford Insurance building, Peachtree Center, and the Trust Company of Georgia. The collection...
Collection number: ahc.MSS288
Scope and Content This collection contains a single scrapbook that contains newspaper clippings, photographs, invitations, and correspondence.
Dates: 1921-1931, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS353
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of scenes in Atlanta, Georgia, taken by Harriette Speer Parker and her father, Eustace Asbury Speer. Of special note are photographs of the Great Fire of Atlanta in 1917, the Festival of Old Atlanta in the late 1960s, and negatives of aerial photographs of downtown Atlanta. The photographs taken by Eustace Asbury Speer include images of the State Revenue Department personnel in 1927, Piedmont Park, and the Atlanta skyline. Also featured are family...
Dates: 1917-1970, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS155
Scope and Contents of the Records The photographs in this collection relate to Atlanta author Medora Field Perkerson. The earliest images, a photograph from 1924, shows Ms. Perkerson seated in the center with other members of the Atlanta Journal Sunday Magazine, including Margaret Mitchell. Other photographs show Medora Field Perkerson seated with her mother reading Who Killed Aunt Maggie? in 1939; a photograph of her arrival at the 1940 premiere of the movie Who Killed Aunt Maggie? with her husband Angus Perkerson, and a...
Dates: circa 1924-1961
Collection number: ahc.VIS382
Scope and Contents This collection contains photographs and blueprints from the Atlanta Transit System, Inc. (ATS) in Atlanta, Georgia. Included are photographs and schematics of buses, streetcars, and trolleys used by ATS, as well as images of ATS staff. Of special note are photographs of Governor Lester Maddox (1915-2003) with William P. Maynard, president of ATS, signing a sales tax relief bill, which removed sales taxes on passenger fares. Also included is an image of Governor Maddox signing a proclamation...
Dates: 1923-1975, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS244
Scope and Content The images consist of photographs taken by Adams of outings of social clubs in Lenox Woods in Atlanta and Vinings, Georgia. The images are mounted in three loose scrapbooks. Of special interest are photographs taken for Miss Sallie Fannie Grant of the Everyday Tuesday Club at Vinings, in May 1887. Adams also captures some unidentified members of the Dixie Club at Vinings, in May 1889.
Collection number: ahc.VIS109
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection is comprised of images of the construction of a section of highway that merges Interstate 75 and Interstate 85, known as the downtown connector. Included are aerial photographs of downtown Atlanta, and images taken on the ground depicting the path of the interstate.
Collection number: ahc.MSS330
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of four scrapbooks that contain cards, newspaper clippings, and photographs. The majority of the materials pertain to Atlanta events.
Dates: 1884-1917, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS319
Scope and Content This collection contains images from the Kuhn's Photography Studio, including photographs of both the Kuhns family and clients. Many of the images are identified, however most of the tintypes remain unidentified.
Dates: approximately 1860-1929
Collection number: ahc.VIS33
Scope and Content This collection documents the Atlanta urban environment, particularly during the 1950s and 1960s, through cityscapes, aerial views and scenes of individual buildings as the city underwent a period of building and growth. The arrival of the city's first professional sports team, the Atlanta Braves, is documented. Also included in the collection are scenes pertaining to Southern politics including local, state and presidential races. A wide variety of Georgia agriculture and industry is...
Collection number: ahc.VIS336
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of Dixie Camera Club members and images of club members and their children modeling at Eskew Lake in Fairburn, Georgia, and Jackson Lake in Newton County.
- Subject: Photography -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Peachtree Road Race (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Agnes Scott College 2
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 2
- Atlanta Falcons (Football team) 2
- East Lake Golf Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Georgia Institute of Technology 2
- Hartsfield, William Berry 2
- Jackson, Graham Washington, 1903-1983 2
- Lenox Mall (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 2
- Ponce De Leon Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Russell, Richard B. (Richard Brevard) 2
- Talmadge, Herman E. (Herman Eugene), 1913-2002 2
- Trust Company of Georgia 2
- University of Georgia 2
- Aaron, Hank, 1934- 1
- Abbey, Jessie Harris 1
- Abbey, Lucile 1
- Abbey, Theo 1
- Abrams, C. H. 1
- Abrams, Harvey Dan 1
- Abrams, J. K. 1
- Adams, Hugh B., 1865-1916 1
- Adams-Cates Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Aldridge, Mamie 1
- Alston, Cotten (Robert Cotten, III), 1945- 1
- Amara, Lucine, 1924- 1
- Andrews, Lina 1
- Andrews, Lisa 1
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Police Department 1
- Atlanta Art Association 1
- Atlanta Association for Childhood Education 1
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Constitution (Firm) 1
- Atlanta Cyclorama & Civil War Museum. 1
- Atlanta Daily News (Firm) 1
- Atlanta Hawks (Basketball team) 1
- Atlanta International Raceway (Hampton, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution Magazine (Firm) 1
- Atlanta Memorial Arts Center 1
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Rhythm Section (Musical group) 1
- Atlanta Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Transit System, Inc. 1
- Atlanta Water Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Barrett, Lizzie 1
- Bell and Stanton Public Relations (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Bell, Alice I. Wagnon 1
- Bell, James L. 1
- Boatenreiter, Gertrude 1
- Brooks, Carrie 1
- Busbee, George, 1927-2004 1
- Callaway Gardens (Pine Mountain, Ga.) 1
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Capps, Paul 1
- Carmichael, James Vinson, 1910-1972 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Chappell, Amey, Dr. 1
- Chattahoochee Industrial Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Clark Atlanta University 1
- Cobb, Parsifal 1
- Collier, Isabel 1
- Cook, Earl Pope, 1919- 1
- Cook, Edith Harber, 1918- 1
- Creighton, Maude 1
- Cronk, Duane L. 1
- Crossroads Shopping Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Currier & Ives 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Baron DeKalb Chapter (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Fielding Lewis Chapter (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Joseph Habersham Chapter (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Sarah McIntosh Chapter (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Davis, Douglas H., Sr. 1
- Delta Air Lines 1
- Dick, Jackson P. 1
- Dixie Camera Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Dixie Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Dobbs, Annie Ruth 1
- Dolt, Jeanne 1
- Eastman, Virginia Maude 1
- Ellis, Clyde 1
- Emory University 1
- English-American Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Etheridge, Jack P. 1
- Every Tuesday Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fannie Renfroe 1
- Field, Mary Abrams 1
- First Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- First National Bank of Atlanta 1
- Flatiron Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fletcher, Harry 1
- Fox Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Fulton County Airport-Brown Field 1
- Fulton Industrial Park (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Gabor, Carelli, 1915-1999 1 ∧ less