Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 485
Collection number: ahc.VIS402
Scope and Contents This collection contains photographs of club members, events, activities, and flower shows. Images include annual Easter egg hunts at McClatchey Park, Ansley Park neighborhood entrances such as The Prado, and houses. Of special interest are photographs of Rhodes Hall in Atlanta, decorated by club members for Christmas.
Collection number: ahc.MSS1132
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, yearbooks, minutes, and financial reports that provide a social and civic history of the club. Scrapbooks offer details about programs, neighborhood projects, and flower shows. Of special interest are scrapbook images of members' gardens and neighborhood islands.
Dates: 1953-2015, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS149
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, typed manuscripts and notes, autograph books, travel diaries, newspaper clippings, and registration forms for students in her Out of Doors School. Correspondence covers topics such as Matthews' retirement party and a reunion for former students of the Out Of Doors School as well as suggestions and orders for Matthews' book, Oakdale Road: Its History and Its People. There are also Christmas newsletters sent by Matthews...
Dates: 1880-1974, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS713f
Scope and Content This collection contains business documents, newsletters, correspondence, travel itineraries, and invitations relating to the Apollo Social Club. Included are the club's by-laws, letters to members, solicitation letters, financial statements, membership applications, canceled checks, and business cards. The collection contains several lists of members considered for board and committee memberships. The collection includes seventeen issues of The Scarlett...
Dates: 1972-1978, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS1046
Scope and Content This collection consists of papers related to Arnall T. Connell's tenure as a professor in the College of Architecture at the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) in Atlanta, Georgia. Student papers written by Connell's graduate students form the largest portion of the collection. The papers cover a large array of Atlanta-related subjects, including neighborhoods and their histories, historic preservation of buildings and homes, renovation and repurposing ideas for historic...
Dates: 1894-1994, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS281
Scope and Content The Arthur C. Inman Papers consist exclusively of biographical research regarding Samuel M. Inman. Arthur Inman set out to write the biography of his Grandfather, Atlanta banker and cotton broker, Samuel Inman. The research notes consist of newspaper clippings, transcriptions of newspaper reports, transcriptions of interviews, and letters. Because Arthur Inman generally refused to leave his Boston apartment, the interviews were, most often, conducted by his wife, Evelyn. However, there are no...
Collection number: ahc.MSS833
Scope and Content This collection contains commencement exercise programs, annual announcement, bulletins, and annual catalogs of the Atlanta Law School.
Dates: 1887-1994, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS259
Scope and Content This collection contains images of homes built in the early 20th century in the Atkins Park neighborhood, Atlanta, Georgia. A variety of architectural styles are represented including Georgian Revival, American Craftsman, and English Tudor. The photographs also provide details of landscape styles as well as popular shrubs and ornamental plants used in front yard gardens. Of special note are two images of the neighborhood stone entrance gateways.
Collection number: ahc.MSS837
Scope and Content This collection consists of minutes, financial papers, and scrapbooks that document the social and civic activities of the club. Minutes include reports and membership information. Scrapbooks provide further detail on the club's programs, civic projects, as well as flower shows both hosted and attended.
Collection number: ahc.MSS819
Scope and Content This collection consists of meeting minutes and scrapbooks, which contain newspaper clippings, photographs, correspondence, and yearbooks.
Collection number: ahc.VIS193
Scope and Content The collection, in its original format, is one reel of black and white acetate 16mm film. The film captures some members of the tour group boarding an Air France jet in Atlanta, Georgia. Among the passengers captured boarding the plane were Tom Little, Charlotte Little, and Ruth McMillan, the trip's organizer. It is unclear from the footage if the plane is in Atlanta, Georgia or Orly Field near Paris, France. The donation records indicate the passengers are boarding the plane at Orly Field,...
Collection number: ahc.MSS1182
Scope and Content This collection contains reports created by the Atlanta Assessment Project about the Atlanta Public School System. These reports outline the goals for the Atlanta Public School System, as well as how to reach these goals. The collection also contains reports on the school system for years prior to the project, as well as papers on the history of the city. Of particular note are critiques written by Atlanta residents on one of the reports that concern the economy, demographics, employment, civil...
Dates: 1917-1973, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS103
Scope and Contents of the Records The majority of this collection consists of members of the Atlanta Crackers baseball team and players from the Nashville Vols. Most of the images were taken at Ponce de Leon Park in Atlanta, Georgia, and most are identified. Included are images of Buddy Bates, Charles Bicknell, Robert Boring, James Callaway, Ray Cattano, Paul Cave, Charles Cottier, Jack Daniels, John DeMerit, Frank DiPrima, Richard Grabowski, Robert Heartsfield, Rober Hartman, Ev Joyner, Charles King, Clyde King, Mike Krsnich,...
Dates: 1956-1958, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS718
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, clippings, financial records, and programs that provide a history of the festival. Additional material provides details of events, performances, and pageant contests. Of special interest is a scrapbook providing images of parade floats and participants.
Collection number: ahc.MSS393
Scope and Content The bulk of this collection is comprised of organizational scrapbooks and year books. Other materials include newspaper clippings, programs, and club organizational records.
Dates: 1898-1951, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS93
Scope and Contents This collection contains postcards that depict scenes in Atlanta and the state of Georgia. Most of the images are of man-made structures in Atlanta including Agnes Scott College, Atlanta Municipal Airport (now Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport), Biltmore Hotel, Booker T. Washington High School, Bulloch Hall, Candler Building, Capitol City Club, City Hall, Clark College (now Clark Atlanta University), Atlanta Cyclorama at Grant Park, English-American (Flatiron) Building, Fort McPherson,...
Dates: 1899-1990, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS96
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains images of substandard housing areas to be cleared for the Capitol, Hope, Grady and Herndon Housing Projects. It also contains images of the Aux Coal Storage Bins and a civil defense unit based at Techwood Homes. The images in this collection were created to document living conditions in these areas prior to their demolition. A key to the photographs’ geographical locations is also stored with this collection. The key includes the project names, their geographical...
Dates: circa 1940
Collection number: ahc.MSS1043
Scope and Content This collection consists of the General Neighborhood Renewal Plan application for the West End Area, submitted in 1960. This application documents the details for the renewal projects and includes rationales for selecting the area, descriptions of the area, lists of resources to be used to accomplish the plan, maps of the area, land use maps, and official city of Atlanta budget and planning forms. In addition to the application there are manuals detailing minimum property standards for...
Collection number: ahc.MSS26
Scope and Content These papers consist of credit reports on business bying leather wholesale from the Atlanta Leather Company, 1938-1950. Credit reports are divided alphabetically.
Collection number: ahc.MSS773
Scope and Content This collection consists of papers and publications related to the lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender (LGBT) community in Atlanta, Georgia. Series I includes gay and lesbian publications from Atlanta,the Southeast, and nationwide. Series II consists of business and organization papers pertaining to gay rights and AIDS. Series III includes personal papers of gay and lesbian activists in Atlanta and Georgia.
Dates: 1957-2002, undated
- Subject: Atlanta (Ga.) X
- Atlanta Historical Society 17
- Hartsfield, William Berry 17
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 11
- Georgia Institute of Technology 10
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 10
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 10
- Rich's (Retail store) 10
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 9
- Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 9
- Allen, Ivan, 1877-1968 8
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 8
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Fowler, Wyche, 1940- 8
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Girls High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 8
- Young, Andrew, 1932- 8
- Atlanta (Ga.). Police Department 7
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 7
- Coca-Cola Company 7
- Maddox, Lester, 1915-2003 7
- Massell, Sam 7
- Swan House (Atlanta, Ga.) 7
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Emory University 6
- English-American Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Fox Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Georgia Power Company 6
- Henry Grady Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Hurt Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Mitchell, Margaret, 1900-1949 6
- Southeastern Fair (Atlanta, Ga.) 6
- Underground Atlanta, Inc. 6
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 5
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 5
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Atlanta History Center 5
- Atlanta Water Works (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- C. W. Motes (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Forward Atlanta Commission 5
- Georgia. General Assembly 5
- Inman, Emily Caroline MacDougald 5
- King, Coretta Scott, 1927-2006 5
- Ku Klux Klan, 1915- 5
- Kurtz, Wilbur G. (Wilbur George), 1882-1967 5
- Oakland Cemetery (Atlanta, Ga.) 5
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 5
- Slaton, John M. 5
- Talmadge, Herman E. (Herman Eugene), 1913-2002 5
- University of Georgia 5
- Agnes Scott College 4
- American Red Cross 4
- Atlanta (Ga.) 4
- Atlanta Art Association 4
- Atlanta Housing Authority 4
- Atlanta Urban League 4
- Biltmore Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Boy Scouts of America . National Council 4
- Busbee, George, 1927-2004 4
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 4
- DuBose, Beverly M., 1918-1986 4
- Flatiron Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Frank, Leo, 1884-1915 4
- Georgia Federation of Women's Clubs 4
- Inman, Edward H., 1881-1931 4
- Junior League of Atlanta 4
- Kuhns Photographic Studio (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Lakewood Fairgrounds (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- League of Women Voters of Atlanta/Fulton County 4
- Loew's Grand Theatre (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Peters family 4
- Peters, Edward C. 4
- Peters, Richard 4
- Reeves Studios (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Reid, J. Neel (Joseph Neel), 1885-1926 4
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference 4
- Tallulah Falls School (Tallulah Falls, Ga.) 4
- Technological High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Terminal Station (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Thornton House (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Union Station (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Western and Atlantic Railroad Company 4
- Zoo Atlanta 4
- Allen family 3
- Allen, Ivan, III, 1938-1992 3
- Allen, Louise Richardson, 1917-2008 3
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 3
- Arrington, Marvin S. 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Aldermen 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). Bureau of Planning 3
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Executive Committee 3
- Atlanta Economic Development Corporation 3
- Atlanta Falcons (Football team) 3
- Atlanta Memorial Arts Center 3
- Atlanta Music Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Atlanta Urban Design Commission (Ga.) 3 ∧ less