Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 45
Collection number: ahc.VIS319
Scope and Content This collection contains images from the Kuhn's Photography Studio, including photographs of both the Kuhns family and clients. Many of the images are identified, however most of the tintypes remain unidentified.
Dates: approximately 1860-1929
Collection number: ahc.MSS1161
Scope and Content This collection contains documents from Marie Dodd’s personal life as well as from her time working at the Ivan Allen Company. Business material includes a Fielder and Allen Co. catalogue, an Ivan Allen-Marshall Co. catalogue, the “Road to 100,000” incentive packet, company font and logo templates, and pricing manuals. There are also documents about Ivan Allen Jr., his accomplishments, and awards he received during his years as mayor of Atlanta and afterward. This collection also contains a...
Dates: 1900-1993, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS33
Scope and Content This collection documents the Atlanta urban environment, particularly during the 1950s and 1960s, through cityscapes, aerial views and scenes of individual buildings as the city underwent a period of building and growth. The arrival of the city's first professional sports team, the Atlanta Braves, is documented. Also included in the collection are scenes pertaining to Southern politics including local, state and presidential races. A wide variety of Georgia agriculture and industry is...
Collection number: ahc.VIS339
Scope and Content This collection contains image of the family and friends of Mary Connally Spalding. Included are photographs of her travels to Ireland, France, and Egypt, as well as bridal portraits for her wedding to John Schaffner Spalding.
Dates: 1873-1932, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS211
Scope and Content This collection consists of photographs, postcards, greeting cards, ambrotypes, tintypes, daguerreotypes, albumen prints, cyanotypes, and negatives of the Menefee-Timmons-Mitchell families. Also included are images of related families including the Benedicts, the Middletons, the Seamans, the Hunnicutts, the Sweets, and the Deakins. There are images from family trips to St. Simons Island, Georgia, and Tallulah Falls, Georgia, as well as images from El Paso, Texas, where Jessie and Russell C....
Dates: 1883-1963, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS341
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of scenes in Atlanta, Georgia, as well as Augusta, Georgia. Included are photographs of the American Bank Building; Piedmont Hotel; and the English-American Building (known as the Flatiron Building) in Atlanta. Other images include photographs of automobiles, bicycles, architecture, hotels, and bridges.
Dates: 1902-1915, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS281
Scope and Content This collection contains images of historic buildings: the Georgia State Capitol and Second Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia; a group on the veranda of the National Hotel in Dalton, Georgia; and a group posing near Tallulah Falls. Other images feature Mr. and Mrs. Amory Brown of Macon, Georgia; a wedding cake trimmed by Mrs. Amory Brown; Brown Park in Canton, Georgia; and several images of the Battle of Atlanta Cyclorama painting.
Dates: approximately 1870-1912, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS136
Scope and Contents of the Records Included in this collection are photographs of Atlanta buildings and parks. Images include the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary, Piedmont Park, the Cyclorama building in Grant Park, the Hurt Building and Hurt Park, the Municipal Auditorium, Rich’s Department Store, and The Temple and other scenes on Peachtree Street.
Collection number: ahc.MSS498
Scope and Content This collection documents Philip T. Shutze's work in architecture and design. The personal papers consist of topical subject files; correspondence regarding jobs and antiques; financial documents; and certificates and diplomas. The design sources include architectural periodicals; architectural fixtures catalogs; and magazine clippings. Additionally, there are job files from the architectural firm, office indices and lists, and correspondence, newspaper clippings, and brochures related to...
Dates: 1889-1983, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS351
Scope and Content This collection contains architectural drawings, sketches, artwork, and photos of Shutze's professional work, his travels, his personal life, and his antiques. The architectural drawings are from the firms of Norrman, Hentz & Reid; Hentz & Reid; Hentz, Reid & Adler; Hentz, Adler & Shutze; and Shutze & Armistead, as well as drawings representing historic buildings designed by other architects and firms. Among his most well known buildings are Swan House owned by Edward and...
Dates: 1820-1993, undated
Collection number: ahc.MSS942f
Scope and Contents This collection contains items that document the club's efforts to support the Tullie Smith House and Farm. Included in the collection are writings about the Tullie Smith House, correspondence about the publication of the Tullie Smith House booklet, and Atlanta Historical Society (later Atlanta History Center) publications and newsletters. Of special interest are notes for a Yule Log slide presentation.
Collection number: ahc.VIS127
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection is comprised of images of buildings in the commercial district of downtown Atlanta, and in an outlying area which is presently known as Midtown. The collection includes views of the Empire Building on Broad Street (later named Citizens and Southern National Bank Building), the Hurt Building on Hurt Plaza, Rich’s Department Store on Broad Street, the Ruralist Press Building located on Hunter Street, and Peachtree Apartments (later named Hotel Peachtree Manor) located on Peachtree...
Dates: circa 1920 -1925
Collection number: ahc.VIS374
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs taken by F & L Photo Service and collected by Robert Rothberg of various downtown Atlanta buildings and businesses in the early 1930s. Notable scenes include the Alonzo F. Herndon (1858-1927) Crystal Palace barber shop on Peachtree Street, the Hurt Building, the J. P. Allen & Company department store, Chevrolet Motor Company, Moline Plow Company, King Hardware Company, and the Henry Grady Hotel.
Dates: Approximately 1930-1935
Collection number: ahc.VIS304
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs of tornado damage in northwest Atlanta, taken March 24, 1975.
Dates: 1975 March 24
Collection number: ahc.VIS322
Scope and Content This collection documents the public life of former Atlanta Mayor Sam Massell. The majority of the images in the collection depict his time as mayor; others document his career as a realtor and member of the City of Atlanta Board of Aldermen. The images also document Massell's ceremonial duties as mayor, including presiding over groundbreakings; presenting keys to the city to special visitors; and ceremonies involving MARTA and Delta Airlines. The collection features images of Massell hosting...
Dates: 1954-1991, undated; Majority of material found within 1969 - 1974
Collection number: ahc.MSS878f
Scope and Content The collection contains Samuel R. Belk's diary, which contains a page of recordings for every day of 1926. One page includes a newspaper clipping which mentions Samuel Belk by name. Entries focus mostly on everyday family life and religious matters from his work as a pastor at Trinity Church in Atlanta, Georgia. There are also notes on the memoranda pages at the end of the diary consisting of names, addresses, and times of day.
Dates: 1926, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS158
Scope and Contents of the Records This collection contains images of people, places, and events, most of whom were represented in news stories and other features in Southline. Images of people include political and civic leaders, religious leaders, professionals, entertainers, journalists and authors, athletes, and the general public. Among the photographs are images of Marvin Arrington, Roy Barnes, Julian Bond, Mike Bowers, Bill Campbell, Shirley Franklin, Pierre Howard, Maynard Jackson, Joseph Lowry, Billy McKinney, Benjamin...
Dates: circa 1985-1989, undated
Collection number: ahc.VIS151
Scope and Contents of the Records The images in this collection depict locations in metropolitan Atlanta, including images of the central city, Roswell, and Stone Mountain. Images of Atlanta include buildings on Auburn Avenue such as Big Bethel Baptist Church, Ebenezer Baptist Church, a Fire Station, the King Center, Odd Fellows Building and Auditorium, the Prince Hall Masonic Building, Wheat Street Baptist Church, and the YMCA. Other locations in Atlanta include Excelsior Mills, a bank building and the Georgia Nut and Bolt...
Dates: circa 1979
Collection number: ahc.VIS306
Scope and Content This collection contains images of buildings constructed for the Cotton States International Exposition in Piedmont Park approximately 10 years after the fair. Other images include photographs of downtown Atlanta and two family members.
Dates: approximately 1905
Collection number: ahc.VIS153
Scope and Contents of the Records The images in this collection depict the construction of the English American building (also known as the Flatiron Building) at the intersection of Peachtree Street and Broad Street in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
Dates: 1897- 1898
- Subject: Buildings -- Georgia -- Atlanta X
- Atlanta Historical Society 5
- English-American Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Hentz, Hal, 1883-1972 4
- Hurt Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 4
- Rich's (Retail store) 4
- Atlanta Cyclorama (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 3
- Georgia Institute of Technology 3
- Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Henry Grady Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Reid, J. Neel (Joseph Neel), 1885-1926 3
- Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph Company 3
- Trust Company of Georgia 3
- Tullie Smith House (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- Aaron, Hank, 1934- 2
- Adler, Rudolph Satorius 2
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003 2
- American Institute of Architects 2
- Atlanta Braves (Baseball team) 2
- Atlanta City Hall (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Atlanta Civic Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Baptist Tabernacle Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- C. W. Motes (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Cathedral of Christ the King (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Century Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 2
- Emory University 2
- First National Bank of Atlanta 2
- General Motors Corporation. Chevrolet Motor Division (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Haverty Furniture Companies 2
- Haverty family 2
- Haverty's Furniture Company 2
- Haverty, Clarence (James Clarence) 2
- Haverty, Elizabeth Rawson 2
- Haverty, J. J. (James Joseph) 2
- Haverty, Rawson (James Rawson), 1920-2007 2
- Hentz and Reid (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Hentz, Adler, and Shutze (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Hentz, Reid, and Adler (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio) 2
- Jackson, Graham Washington, 1903-1983 2
- Kurtz, Wilbur G. (Wilbur George), 1882-1967 2
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority 2
- Middleton family 2
- Munnerlyn family 2
- National Retail Furniture Association (U.S.) 2
- Norrman, Gottfried Leonard, -1909 2
- Peachtree Center (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Piedmont Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Rawson family 2
- Rhodes-Haverty Furniture Company (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 2
- Saint Joseph's Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Saint Joseph's Infirmary (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Shutze and Armistead (Atlanta, Ga.). 2
- Shutze, Philip Trammell 2
- Temple (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Underground Atlanta, Inc. 2
- United States Penitentiary, Atlanta, Georgia 2
- Veterans Administration Hospital (Decatur, Ga.) 2
- 688 Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Aaron, Betty 1
- Abbey, Jessie Harris 1
- Abbey, Lucile 1
- Abbey, Theo 1
- Agnes Scott College 1
- Aldridge, Mamie 1
- All Saints Episcopal Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Allen family 1
- Allen, Frederick, 1948- 1
- Allen, Ivan, 1877-1968 1
- Allen, Ivan, III, 1938-1992 1
- Allen, Louise Richardson, 1917-2008 1
- Alliance Theater (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Amara, Lucine, 1924- 1
- Andrews, Lina 1
- Andrews, Lisa 1
- Anglin and Randall Photographers (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Archambault, Charlie 1
- Arnall, Ellis Gibbs, 1907-1992 1
- Arnett, Bill 1
- Arrington, Marvin S. 1
- Art Institute of Atlanta 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Board of Aldermen 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Department of Parks, Recreation & Cultural Affairs 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Department 1
- Atlanta Art Association 1
- Atlanta Bach Choir 1
- Atlanta Chamber Players 1
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce 1
- Atlanta Chess Club (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Constitution Building (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau 1
- Atlanta Cyclorama & Civil War Museum. 1
- Atlanta Falcons (Football team) 1 ∧ less